PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2009, 12:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

areonic1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PC wont connect to phones wifi connection.

Alright, so I was using WMWifirouter, but the trial ran out, and I dont have 30bux to throw at it. So I saw the HTC wifi sharing thing, I installed it, and the computers can see it in the wifi connection thing.

But when I go to connect, it just sits there at the "connecting" screen and does nothing, unlike normally when connecting to stuff, its about a sec wait. It just seems it wont connect, and freezes the wireless connection screen onmy pc.

Also, I did do the internet sharing fix cab thing from here as well....

I have an HTC Touch Pro, with Mightyrom on it, through sprint
My pC is running Vista.....

Thanks for any help
Old 09-06-2009, 12:40 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: PC wont connect to phones wifi connection.

you dont need the tethering cab for wifi services... thats just for ICS and usb connection

HTCs app runs on a secured network.... u did remember to put in the 1234567890 ,right??
Old 09-06-2009, 12:41 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

areonic1 is a n00b

It doesnt even get to that part, it just freezes when it tries to connect to it..

The WMWifi thing worked, just havent been able to get the HTC one.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:46 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

HTCs app is pretty simple.. turn it on... should see Wi-Fi Router as the name, 1234567890 should be the default WEP key...hit start...will prompt u on the next screen to turn on wifi, find wifi router in you networks list, slect wifi router, enetrer the key, and your good to go...... suppose to be pretty easy...

there are free versions of wmwifi, i wont give it to ya, but its v.91.... i use a licensed version myself
Old 09-06-2009, 01:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

areonic1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
HTCs app is pretty simple.. turn it on... should see Wi-Fi Router as the name, 1234567890 should be the default WEP key...hit start...will prompt u on the next screen to turn on wifi, find wifi router in you networks list, slect wifi router, enetrer the key, and your good to go...... suppose to be pretty easy...

there are free versions of wmwifi, i wont give it to ya, but its v.91.... i use a licensed version myself
I understand its simple, I used it before, but now I cant get it working. Not even sure why you even said, "its free, but I wont tell you"........I know theres a free version, just cant find it so gave up...which is starting to seem about the right thing to do.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:12 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

nah man dont give up... just google wmwifirouter v.91 its all over...

i just didnt wanna give it to you, because its shareware now, so i think people should pay for it use and support the developer.... but the files all over, i used to use it b4 i paid for mine... i wanted the better UI and the ability to upgrade(free) when new version come available

it really is the best program.. 30bucks is far from a ton.. people pay that just to have spb mobile shell... HTCs free one is ok, but it doesnt match WMWIFI for speed

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 09-06-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

eightbit is a n00b

Why would you use the phones wifi connection and not just put a wifi card in the pc? That would prolly be less than $30 and a whole lot less hassle.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

ByTeMe is becoming a great contributor

He's trying to use the internet from his phone on his PC.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

M240-A1 is a n00b

better than having mifi device on top of your cellular account of charges and fees

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro