PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 01:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

rudedawg916 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bored with my phone

Ok so i had my Touch Pro for over 3 months now. No upgrades at all so im pretty bored with it now. Any suguestions as to what i can do to it now Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by rudedawg916; 09-05-2009 at 01:48 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

spiralspirit is becoming a great contributor
Re: Bored with my phone

smash it with a hammer? stick it where the sun don't shine? I mean, its a phone. Its a nice phone, but what are you expecting from it?
Old 09-05-2009, 01:44 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

didnt know it was out 3 months ago there are couple members that may help you out:
Boredandtatoo or Boredmug
maybe some flashing
Old 09-05-2009, 01:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

rudedawg916 is a n00b

My bad i was thinking about the new tp2 . but what i meant was my regular touch pro. sorry.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

trol1374 is just getting started

Have you tried flashing the different ROM's? Have you tried different apps? Theme's? Search for the fastest and stable build?
Then try to see what you can do next, game, video, uploads.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:16 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

6.5? that pretty much just made me want *more*, in terms of upgrades. i was in the sprint store with my friend, she was looking at maybe switching from verizon, and i took my phone out and was txting, and the guy behind the counter goes, oh, what kind of phone do you have..........and i'm like umm, touch pro? sprint? and he's like, what interface? and i'm like oh, just the plain titanium. and he was like huh? so i was like oh, 6.5. and he flipped. he was like oh my god, thats out? wtf, the tp2 isn't getting it blah blah blah, and i'm like yeah you should check out ppcgeeks. anyways, at this point, if you've already flashed to a 6.5 rom, you've already done more than most. softwarewise, what do you want to do? thats the only aspect of windows mobile that keeps its customers...pick something you want the phone to do, and in some round-about way, it can do it. but if you don't want it to do a specific task, and you're looking to just spice it up... flash a custom rom. if you need it to do something, post in the software section what you want, and i'm sure somebody can find something.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint PCS

cgutta85 is a n00b

I felt the same way.. today I decided to grow a pair and flash my rom.. I flashed it with Silence and I just can't believe how it runs..I felt pissed that I didnt switch to the Iphone when I had to chance... But after today I fell in love with my phone all over again. Try flashing the rom... You wont regret it.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what i did when i got bored was usually flash a new rom, try winmo 6.5, or use a new UI, SPB mobile shell has a pretty good one that has a trial for a couple of weeks, by then you can try something else
Old 09-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

A.) Its a winmo based phone there are hundreds of thousands apps for FREE you can install to make your phone fun.
B.) If you haven't tried flashing new roms... read read read and learn how and it will occupy you for weeeeeeeeks.
C.) If your bored with your phone then your doing some thing wrong.. I've had my touch pro for months now and still can't find away to get bored with it..even though the girlfriend grips about it lol

If you like games to play I would suggest searching Archibald's Adventures..or The Quest... they are the games that are keeping me on my phone for a cpl hours a day and with the right search fields you can get for 100% free :-p ... also emulators if your old school like me (Nintendo, Geniuses, Gameboy) or what ever suites your fancy will keep you busy for months :-p
Old 09-06-2009, 01:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raphael-CDMA
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Iamthelorax is a n00b

I started tethering with my Acer Aspire One. Brought a whole new dimension to the touch pro, especially when adding the 9 cell battery to the computer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro