PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vindication84 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vindication84
wtf?! can't hard reset

oookay.. so i'm running demolition and i'm trying to hard-reset and all it does is just soft-reset. help please!
#1 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it wet, did Asurion replacement
#2 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it NIB, but keyboard died after 2.5 months
#3 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, hardware problems. Yuck.
#4 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, slow keyboard decay, hoping for a Touch Pro2!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: wtf?! can't hard reset

Hold power button in till screen pops up says do you want to power off your device>press yes. Then hold center button and volume down button at same time...while holding those press and hold power button. A screen pops up that says if you wish to hard reset your phone press the volume up button or anyother button to cancel.

Boo B)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

YouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuffYouMayLose knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to YouMayLose

or simply hold power button and volume down button then using the stylus press the reset button (the 1 next to where u charge the phone at) and keep holding power,volume down untill u see it has hard reset..(about 2 or 3 seconds)
Old 09-07-2009, 10:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no "clear mem" on your rom?
Old 09-08-2009, 02:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMayLose View Post
or simply hold power button and volume down button then using the stylus press the reset button (the 1 next to where u charge the phone at) and keep holding power,volume down untill u see it has hard reset..(about 2 or 3 seconds)
Those are the instructions to get into bootloader, not hard reset.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:31 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

To hard reset my Verizon Touch Pro, I have to hold the center button and press the soft reset button. Release the soft reset button while holding the center button until the hard reset screen shows. (I just tested it now, and it works).

For the Sprint Touch Pro, I believe you have to hold the top Power button + the Volume up (or down, I don't remember), then the soft reset button. This is for hard resetting, not bootloader. I did a hard reset on a Touch Diamond last night. I don't remember the exact sequence, but you can't do it repeatedly until it shows. You don't need to wait until a full boot to try again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro