PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint Touch Pro stuck at bootloader screen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82724)

letsgoflyers81 09-05-2009 10:24 AM

Sprint Touch Pro stuck at bootloader screen

I'm worried my Sprint Touch Pro may be bricked. It was working fine last night, battery was almost dead, so I plugged it in to charge. After a while I noticed the charge hadn't gone up and the phone was really hot. So I unplugged it and did a soft reset. When it turned back on I got the bootloader screen. I soft reset many more times, and pulled the battery many times too. I noticed that when resetting a message appears right before the bootloader. It went by very fast so I can't tell for sure but it looked like it said No flash file. I tried reflashing by USB which is how I always did it but my computer was not recognizing the device. Tried another computer, same deal. So I tried flashing by SD card which appeared successful, but I still can't get past the bootloader. The only difference is that I don't see the No flash file message anymore. I also tried flashing to a different ROM which also appeared successful but still can't get past the bootloader screen. I've searched and haven't found a solution yet to get past the bootloader that works for me. I really hope this thing isn't bricked, especially since it just happened out of nowhere. I have insurance but I'm hoping I don't have to pay $100 to get a working phone again. FYI I've been running Mighty5 for months without any issues and this just happened seemingly out of nowhere. Can anyone help?

raidzero 09-05-2009 10:29 AM

Re: Sprint Touch Pro stuck at bootloader screen

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 (Post 1142112)
I'm worried my Sprint Touch Pro may be bricked. It was working fine last night, battery was almost dead, so I plugged it in to charge. After a while I noticed the charge hadn't gone up and the phone was really hot. So I unplugged it and did a soft reset. When it turned back on I got the bootloader screen. I soft reset many more times, and pulled the battery many times too. I noticed that when resetting a message appears right before the bootloader. It went by very fast so I can't tell for sure but it looked like it said No flash file. I tried reflashing by USB which is how I always did it but my computer was not recognizing the device. Tried another computer, same deal. So I tried flashing by SD card which appeared successful, but I still can't get past the bootloader. The only difference is that I don't see the No flash file message anymore. I also tried flashing to a different ROM which also appeared successful but still can't get past the bootloader screen. I've searched and haven't found a solution yet to get past the bootloader that works for me. I really hope this thing isn't bricked, especially since it just happened out of nowhere. I have insurance but I'm hoping I don't have to pay $100 to get a working phone again. FYI I've been running Mighty5 for months without any issues and this just happened seemingly out of nowhere. Can anyone help?

Try flashing the shipped sprint rom and see what happens: youll need to extract the nbh from this self extracitng archive and put the nbh in the SD card..
http://rapidshare.com/files/17615341...3_Ship.exe.zip

letsgoflyers81 09-05-2009 12:17 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but I just tried and it didn't work. The update appeared to complete successfully, including bootloader, OS, radio, etc. But after soft resetting I'm still stuck at the bootloader screen. Ugh...

lafester 09-05-2009 12:32 PM

if the phone is in bootloader (tri color screen) the pc does not need to recognize it in order to flash. just run the ruu and it should flash the new rom. the best way to flash a stock rom is from the ruu but if you can't you will have to keep trying via sd.

I would try a different sd card or reformat and try again in case there is something wrong there as well.

raidzero 09-05-2009 05:37 PM

about RUU, as long as it says USB in your bootloader screen (tricolor) you should be good.

letsgoflyers81 09-05-2009 05:52 PM

I've tried flashing by USB as well and I keep getting communication error 260 on several computers. That's why I tried flashing by SD card which looks like works fine. But after the flash is complete I'm still brought to the bootloader screen. If something isn't permanently wrong with my Touch Pro, what else should be necessary to get past the bootloader?

boredandtattooed 09-05-2009 05:56 PM

its just the infinite boot loop thats common on SD flashes....

the screen that flashes by quickly is just a load screen.... if it went through once and said successfully completed, then make sure youve removed the SD card with the roms nbh on it as that will trigger the bootloader when your stuck in the loop sometimes...

ive been stuck in this before... it never takes more than flashing the stock..replacing the nbh with the new ROM again, and putting it back into bootloader again...

letsgoflyers81 09-05-2009 06:13 PM

It's not really a reboot loop, I just can't get past the bootloader. Even after flashing back to the stock ROM by SD I can't get past it. I've soft reset either with the stylus or by pulling the battery at least 50 times by now and cannot get past that screen. And when connecting to a PC and trying to flash I get a communication error with ROMUpdateUtility.com.

letsgoflyers81 09-11-2009 09:44 PM

Well it looks like I saved my phone, mostly. After soft resetting many times, plugging in and unplugging, etc, I finally got it to boot up to the stock Sprint ROM. I noticed for some reason the headphones icon showed up in the taskbar. I didn't think much of it and reflashed back to Mighty and restored from SPB Backup. The Touch Pro still thinks headphones are plugged in. The icon shows and no audio comes from the devices. When I make a call I can't hear them and vice versa. If I connect to a Bluetooth headset or my car kit it's fine. When I plug in the HTC headphones it's fine too. But even after I unplug the headphones the icon shows up and the phone believes they're plugged in. I'm wondering if there's anything I can do since this was still a problem after flashing to the stock Sprint ROM. I suppose it could be a hardware issue, but I don't recall anything physical happening before the debacle with getting stuck at the bootloader. I searched but didn't find this problem reported yet. Does anyone have any ideas?

lil_wayne99 09-13-2009 08:49 PM

wish i could get that far. how do u extract the .nbh from the shipped rom? im pretty much in the boat u were in and i already spent the 100 once really dont wanna do it again.