PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 11:53 PM
bodyhead

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
htc touch pro continual rebooting

I've got a HTC touch pro that I've flashed several different roms to. The latest that I've flashed is the slience-mighty rom from june 25, 2009. It's been working great and it's the best rom I've come across for stability.

Tonight I dropped my phone and the battery popped out when I was already on low battery. After that when I press power my phone just continually goes to the htc logo then powers off and reboots again.

I tried to do a hard reset but it didn't work. It went to the 'do you want to really clear all your data screen?' and I pressed volume up to confirm. After the confirm it says yes, your settings have been cleared but then it goes back into the loop.

Does anyone have any suggestions to getting my phone back to where I can use it?
Old 09-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: htc touch pro continual rebooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyhead View Post
I've got a HTC touch pro that I've flashed several different roms to. The latest that I've flashed is the slience-mighty rom from june 25, 2009. It's been working great and it's the best rom I've come across for stability.

Tonight I dropped my phone and the battery popped out when I was already on low battery. After that when I press power my phone just continually goes to the htc logo then powers off and reboots again.

I tried to do a hard reset but it didn't work. It went to the 'do you want to really clear all your data screen?' and I pressed volume up to confirm. After the confirm it says yes, your settings have been cleared but then it goes back into the loop.

Does anyone have any suggestions to getting my phone back to where I can use it?

Check your battery terminal connections. Make sure none of the prings are bent or crimped. The TP has been known to get stuck in this loop if the battery has a bad connection.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:02 AM
bodyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Check your battery terminal connections. Make sure none of the prings are bent or crimped. The TP has been known to get stuck in this loop if the battery has a bad connection.
You are a genius and a life saver. One of my battery connectors was a little bent and bending it back got my phone to boot again
Old 09-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyhead View Post
You are a genius and a life saver. One of my battery connectors was a little bent and bending it back got my phone to boot again
Glad I could help!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 12:12 AM
bodyhead

Yea works like a charm now.

Thank you thank you thank you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro