PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
custom programs in kitchens

since I know that its impossible to write an instructional book on how to make a ROM, one question comes to mind: When you are building a custom rom from a kitchen, you come across the screen with all of the option of...what kind of manilla, what kind of opera mobile, do you want this, do you want that etc. Is there a way to add programs to this screen? If so, how?

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 09-04-2009, 07:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: custom programs in kitchens

easiest way is to make an OEM from a cab with ervius package creator. It will create a folder you will then place in your OEM folder in the kitchen. If all goes well you will see it in buildOS.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

It depends on what kitchen your using (legacy ones or visual kitchen ones). I've attached a zip that contains some tools for making OEMs from cabs, as well as converting OEMs to EXT's if you're using visual kitchen. All you have to do to make a legacy OEM from a cab is drag the cab on top of Cab2OEM.exe and it will make a folder that you put in your OEM kitchen folder. If you want to make an EXT package, drag the OEM folder form Cab2OEM.exe on top of EXT_Packages_rebuilder.exe. I used to use ervius package creator, but the Cab2OEM.exe is much simpler and quicker for me (though it may not work for all cabs).
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kitchen Convertor.zip (22.3 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

ill get back to you both on tuesday (my day off) when i have a chance to try this again.

Secondly, typically what is the proper Page Pool supposed to be set at, is it 10?
Old 09-05-2009, 05:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
ill get back to you both on tuesday (my day off) when i have a chance to try this again.

Secondly, typically what is the proper Page Pool supposed to be set at, is it 10?
for VZW 10 - 16 is fine IMO. my rom is for all carriers and 16mb is a good middle ground I think. I think by default it's set at 6 or something crazy low like that?
Old 09-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
for VZW 10 - 16 is fine IMO. my rom is for all carriers and 16mb is a good middle ground I think. I think by default it's set at 6 or something crazy low like that?
yeah I actually set the PP for 6 after building this kitchen and its a little laggy at times so im gonna have to go back and rebuild it.

Sorry for all the questions but without a walkthrough Im forced to ask all these questions as I go. What folder am I supposed to place pictures in? The pictures I want for startup as well as the pictures I want to use as a background imaging.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro