PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   custom programs in kitchens (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82636)

Weapondrift 09-04-2009 05:46 PM

custom programs in kitchens

since I know that its impossible to write an instructional book on how to make a ROM, one question comes to mind: When you are building a custom rom from a kitchen, you come across the screen with all of the option of...what kind of manilla, what kind of opera mobile, do you want this, do you want that etc. Is there a way to add programs to this screen? If so, how?

raidzero 09-04-2009 07:19 PM

Re: custom programs in kitchens

easiest way is to make an OEM from a cab with ervius package creator. It will create a folder you will then place in your OEM folder in the kitchen. If all goes well you will see it in buildOS.

mwalt2 09-04-2009 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It depends on what kitchen your using (legacy ones or visual kitchen ones). I've attached a zip that contains some tools for making OEMs from cabs, as well as converting OEMs to EXT's if you're using visual kitchen. All you have to do to make a legacy OEM from a cab is drag the cab on top of Cab2OEM.exe and it will make a folder that you put in your OEM kitchen folder. If you want to make an EXT package, drag the OEM folder form Cab2OEM.exe on top of EXT_Packages_rebuilder.exe. I used to use ervius package creator, but the Cab2OEM.exe is much simpler and quicker for me (though it may not work for all cabs).

Weapondrift 09-05-2009 02:59 PM

ill get back to you both on tuesday (my day off) when i have a chance to try this again.

Secondly, typically what is the proper Page Pool supposed to be set at, is it 10?

raidzero 09-05-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weapondrift (Post 1142543)
ill get back to you both on tuesday (my day off) when i have a chance to try this again.

Secondly, typically what is the proper Page Pool supposed to be set at, is it 10?

for VZW 10 - 16 is fine IMO. my rom is for all carriers and 16mb is a good middle ground I think. I think by default it's set at 6 or something crazy low like that?

Weapondrift 09-05-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raidzero (Post 1142859)
for VZW 10 - 16 is fine IMO. my rom is for all carriers and 16mb is a good middle ground I think. I think by default it's set at 6 or something crazy low like that?

yeah I actually set the PP for 6 after building this kitchen and its a little laggy at times so im gonna have to go back and rebuild it.

Sorry for all the questions but without a walkthrough Im forced to ask all these questions as I go. What folder am I supposed to place pictures in? The pictures I want for startup as well as the pictures I want to use as a background imaging.