PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

btngchck is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Backing up the score data for games

Ok I am trying to teach myself how to backup my scores using Sashimi....

With Sashimi it is a breeze to reload everything I like the way I like it after flashing. The only thing I have had an issue with is the high scores on the games. I am not familiar with registry entries, I don't have a clue. Although I did a compare before and after (using windiff) of my registry with the only change I did was play bejeweled for the after. There are changes to the hex data (don't know wth to call it) in the registry. Any thoughts on whether this info is how it knows the scores data?

I really have no clue what I am talking about but with a little guidance I am sure I can figure this out. Another thought was to try to uninstall the program and copy my old information to the registry after installing the program again. I just don't want to jack things up and am a bit fearful of messing with the registry.

Can anyone of you give me some insight?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nydriek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Backing up the score data for games

Every game is going to store that data differently, it's really up to the developer how to do it. Many probably do use the registry like you said but some may also store the data in a file, or even in one of the databases (unlikely). The other bad part is the scores might be encrypted to prevent unwanted tampering, so it might not be easily apparent when you're shifting through the registry/files.

You can try looking through the installation folder and the application's registry values, but without really knowing how the game stores that info I don't know what to tell you.

Good luck hope you find what you're looking for.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro