PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 01:51 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Touch Pro Dead=Touch Pro 2?

theres alot of people on here that have been getting great refurbs lately... i for one got one a few weeks ago and its great
Old 09-04-2009, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)

takimaki is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
theres alot of people on here that have been getting great refurbs lately... i for one got one a few weeks ago and its great
Yeah I got one two weeks ago that looked brand new and worked great...until this morning when the keyboard decided to succumb to HTC's design flaw and not work anymore. AGAIN.

While Sprint/HTC should be owning up to this DEFECT, we have no idea if the TP2 is any better. It could have the same exact keyboard and ribbon design flaws as the first phone.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D + Vogue

leylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleylomo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose1 View Post
I just got my replacement touch pro this past Monday and it was brand spankin new. Manufacturers date is 7/30/2009. 0 calls/ 0 life timer 0 data for tx and rx. Refurbishment status= no

lucky you
Old 09-04-2009, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

kimogent is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post

good information...i hit the thanks=D>
Old 09-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

I'd say get the refurb...to anyone. I mean if HTC/Sprint/Asurion wants to keep churning out TP's then let them. Eventually they'll get fed up with it and trash the whole phone for TP2's . (or when they run out of Touch Pro's)
Old 09-04-2009, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
I'd say get the refurb...to anyone. I mean if HTC/Sprint/Asurion wants to keep churning out TP's then let them. Eventually they'll get fed up with it and trash the whole phone for TP2's . (or when they run out of Touch Pro's)
agreed also... the more replacements you go through, the better footing youll have to reason w/ them at a later time fo an upgrade to a newer model... like ppl did w/ the moguls, before there started swapin them out like candy...

Once you go through a few replacements, when ur ready to argu w/ retention it all will show on your account and youll be more likly to get swaped out for something better cuz theyll see your claims as legitimate... but if u never had a replacement and all of a sudden demand an upgread, ull just get a refurbished... or maybe even a new one if the tp2 are out and the tp's are no longer selling...
Old 09-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Keep dreaming you guys.

Sounds like insurance fraud to me

I <3 Android
Old 09-04-2009, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

nutymez is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to nutymez Send a message via Skype™ to nutymez

My keyboard hasnt worked in like 4 months... havent had time to go up to the Sprint store...
Old 09-04-2009, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

LunaticSerenade is keeping up the good workLunaticSerenade is keeping up the good work

I'm inclined to agree that you should go for the refurb. More replacements gets you more ground to legitimately request an upgrade.

I'm on Verizon, and you wouldn't believe the fights I've had to go through to get my phones swapped/upgraded....or maybe you would lol.

To date, I have not had any hardware issues with my TP (knock on wood...I think), and only self caused software issues, so we'll see what happens.

The TP2 will have to be out a while before they would be willing to upgrade to it too, and I know with Verizon they will probably charge you a fee of some kind, although you can usually talk them down a bit.

I'm also really stubborn lol. Blame my father.
Search is your best friend.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Tough times man. I plan to do something simillar but im on Verizon. Any Verizon Customers no if they will let you trade? I want that phone so badly...
No way with it being that new. You'd have to wait at least a few months before they'd give you a second thought about upgrading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticSerenade View Post
I'm inclined to agree that you should go for the refurb. More replacements gets you more ground to legitimately request an upgrade.
I went through this same deal. Had a XV6900 (Verizon, bought it last April) and when I bought it they told me that it couldn't GPS amongst many other features, BUT that an update would be out "soon" that would enable ALL of the features I was looking for... that's what I get for listening to a sales rep...

So they finally released the upgrade in like Nov/Dec... The first time I tried to run the upgrade, bricked my phone... Got a refurb... It already had the update, but it was sooooooo sssssllllloooooowwwww... Got another refurb... same issue... got a brand new one. they said to run the upgrade. Ran successfully, but then had all kinds of wacko crap happening... Got another refurb... All of this happened between January and March...

So I called and asked if I could upgrade to a TP. First guy said not happening. Now here's the trick I've found with Verizon. If you ask certain things, then they're willing to work with you. for example: called and talked to tech support. He told me all he could do was send me another refurb. THEN he went on to explain that if I ask for a supervisor he HAS to trnasfer me to a supervisor. he explained that he couldnt suggest that i talk to a supervisor, but if i asked he HAD to transfer me. SO i asked for a supervisor (i can take a hint). The supervisor said they could replace it w/a TP, BUT i'd have to pay the difference in the full retail value from the old phone to the TP. I asked him if he could halves it w/me as the XV6900 never performed as promised... No can do... So then i ask if I pay the difference, can i have a credit on my bill equal to half? The response... "Why I'd LOVE to do that for you!"

So yes, the more replacements you've had, the better odds of upgrading. But don't be trying to get something for nothing. This is America and we're the biggest free market capitalism powerhouse of the world!!! Let's not undermine by trying to pull one over on businesses.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro