PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Raphael-CDMA
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Iamthelorax is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help: Using 6.5 Roms, phone is self hard resetting after 2 days?

Ok, after trying 3 or 4 roms, I can't seem to nail down the problem. I have used Juicy, Might, Energy, and Midnight, and versions of each of those and have the same issue. The phone will work great for about a day or two then it locks up. When I soft reset it, I basically get a hard reset.

I have searched this extensively or I would not be posting. I have found one other thread about this with limited info, so I must be either searching wrong or my problem is unique. That thread suggested flashing back to stock then trying the newer roms. I have a stock updated alltel rom on right now, but am reluctant to flash again till I get some more feedback. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.....
Old 09-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277
Re: Help: Using 6.5 Roms, phone is self hard resetting after 2 days?

Really sometimes you need to flash back to stock to put a few files in place that the updated roms leave out. Once you have that on there, try reflashing. If that doesn't work it sounds like you have more of a hardware problem itself. Like it is crashing. Are you installing any additional softwares after a hard reset?
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 09-02-2009, 02:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

+1. Had very similar problems after flashing a few times. The TP would just lock up. Soft reset would only get to the Touch Pro screen and it would lock up again. Only way out was a Hard Reset.

Flashed backed to Stock (the whole .exe not just the OS) and then flashed back to one of my favorite ROMS again and it's been running fine for the past 4 days.

I guess there is a downside to repeated flashing.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Iamthelorax is a n00b

I have eliminated add on programs just to make sure that extra software wasnt the problem. I dont think it is a hardware issue, as before the stock rom ran for nearly a year before I flashed to a cooked rom.

I have not updated to another version of 6.5 yet, and I might do it tonight. I am starting to this maybe the SPL unlock was the suspect? Its the only other thing I have done.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Iamthelorax is a n00b

Bump....someone has got to know more about what is going on with this. I am reluctant to flash to any other roms before I get some real insight.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

tekmaven is a n00b

I am having similar problems. I find that if I let my device's battery die, when I turn it back on, I get a "Welcome to Windows Mobile" screen, Calibrate screen, etc, which would occur right after a hard reset. Not to mention, all of my data is gone. This is all with 6.5 ROMs as well.

I'm locking my device now and flashing back to stock. I will see if the problem occurs with the stock rom, and report back.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ive had this issue 2 times. both times fixed by flashing back to stock, hard reset. flash new rom and then hard reset again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro