PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How do we set the TP to ignore calls, but still use data? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82086)

vumpler 09-01-2009 07:13 PM

How do we set the TP to ignore calls, but still use data?

Is it possible to set the HTC Touch Pro in an "away" mode while tethering? So that it ignores phone calls? Every time someone calls it kicks me offline... I only tether for an hour here and there, but those hours need to have a solid connection without interruptions. The only thing that ever disconnects me is when someone attempts to call me.

Thanks PPCg!

vumpler 09-01-2009 07:24 PM

Re: How do we set the TP to ignore calls, but still use data?

Call firewall looks like it will reject them pretty quickly but I'm afraid its still going to be enough of a ring to disconnect the data connection.. Do we have any way to just block it all?

brushrop03 09-01-2009 07:25 PM

Mmm...MagiCall may. try looking into that

boredandtattooed 09-01-2009 07:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
im sure theres mroe than this too but here:

call firewall- you can set it up to kick everyone str8 to voicemail..

evdo only- wont allow for 1x, so no calls will come in.......neither will txt though either... -u have to uninstall iun remove programs when ur done though if i remeber right or it stays on... there maybe an option for it in roaming under phone>options...

forget honestly, i have 3 lines, i use the other 2 to tether so 8its never an issue..

psycho_maniac 09-01-2009 10:59 PM

use the mode of operation menu like what i think bored uploaded. i use that all the time so i can stay in rev speeds cuz i have crap service where i am at and if i get a txt sometimes im stuck in 1x for tethering and its as slow as my dialup

Unknown Zone 09-01-2009 11:41 PM

have you tried the phone/menu/option/services/ DDTMode and see if that will do the trick?

"Send Voice calls to voicemail during active data connection"

The EVDO cab that bored put up will work pretty nice and block voice calls since voice is on a 1x network.

HBOOT 09-02-2009 12:27 AM

unknown came up with the built in solution, gr8 job...working with what is available first

Unknown Zone 09-02-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB (Post 1134543)
unknown came up with the built in solution, gr8 job...working with what is available first

Thanks HB, but I cant remember if/when your are on a so called "active" connection, and if/when the connection goes idle" not active" but you are still connected to data...you will still get disconnect when a call comes in, like it has to be "active data" for the calls to be routed to v-mail.......cant remember for the life of me...lol, but I am pretty sure that is how it works 8)

HBOOT 09-02-2009 12:42 AM

Dunno dude, but that dog is cool.:mrgreen: I for one just pick up phone calls,make it brief and back to tethering when i have the need....:evil4: that is certainly a life saving feature....moved couple days ago had no net, so i relied on it 100% for few days...

Unknown Zone 09-02-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HB (Post 1134562)
Dunno dude, but that dog is cool.:mrgreen:

LOL......yea...he is a great little guy my gf dog....his name is "Poodle" and you guessed it...he is a "Poodle"...love him to death 8)

I think you deserve a "Thanks" for a nice comment on my gf dog lol...