PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   do I accept a replacement offer or do I keep it (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82079)

Mylt1 09-02-2009 10:38 AM

Re: do I accept a replacement offer or do I keep it

i used to flash a lot to until i found a rom that worked for me. probably flashed 3-4 times a week or more for the first couple of months. i have noticed that most of the replacement phones talked about on here are the sprint versions and very few VZN. wonder what the difference is other than the shape and the mem?

ou2mame 09-02-2009 10:40 AM

i had 2 diamonds and 4 touch pros, everything from screens popping up, buttons not working, vol and power buttons sinking into device, keyboard not working, hinge getting stuck, screen flickering, etc.. and my phones sit on my desk or are in my pocket if not in use..

Talon Pro 09-02-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 1135116)
or are in my pocket if not in use..

Thats the problem right there...you dont put a $700 phone in your pocket...

jonnie_blaze 09-02-2009 02:03 PM

I am on my 3rd TP and this one the keyboards just went out on it. I think I will wait and get the TP 2. My first TP I got back in Dec. the keyboard went out, traded it in an I got a new one, the screen goes out on that one, traded it in an I got a refurb. Now the keyboard is not working.

Boo Boo 09-02-2009 02:10 PM

1st - had software and reception issues - bb
2nd - had rocker pad come up - tkw
3rd - had reception , touchpad issues - ftmy
4th - had software reception issues - isgh
5th - whole rocker pad was off - mail
6th - screen loose doesnt sit flush unless you push down - mail (havent replaced yet)

but all from the factory have a software issue when in classic mode that when using touchscreen keyboard in contacts

w = w*
x = x#
r = auto dial top number

NinjaMom 09-02-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vesty16277 (Post 1134661)
I'm curious to how you are getting 6 bad phones? That seems pretty ridiculous. I know they have their problems but 6? I'm in the retail cell biz and I just have never seen that many. If it was a huge issue they would have had a recall process.

The keyboard on the Touch Pro was an epic failure! I baby the heck out of my phones and all 4 times the keyboard has died.... :(

98classic 09-02-2009 05:06 PM

ive had the same one since they came out and im a truck driver. nothing wrong with it. like its been said, you dont put a phone like this in your pocket. need a hard case/holster or something.

Asphyx 09-02-2009 05:29 PM

It doesn't matter when the TP2 comes out...They won't swap a bad TP for TP2 until they have no more TP's left to replace it with. And that could be quite a long time after the TP2 comes out before that happens.

TnA-2xXtReM 09-02-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talon Pro (Post 1135473)
Thats the problem right there...you dont put a $700 phone in your pocket...

Personally, I never use a case or anything, just the phones in each of my two pockets. Must always have a TP in one pocket and the other pocket, I swap my GSM phone too often: 3GS, 3G, Razr, N95 8GB, etc. Also, never had much problem with my phones except a Mogul that use to tttyyyypppppeeee lllliiiikkkeeee ttthhhhiiissss. It is just pure luck sometime. My 2 cents.