PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   touch pro with wm 6.1 won't get yahoo, any fix? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82061)

twbrooks 09-01-2009 04:55 PM

touch pro with wm 6.1 won't get yahoo, any fix?

hello all, i have th stock rom for my touch pro but now for the past couple weeks it will not pick up yahoo. is there any reason for this or any fix out there? all help is greatly appreciated.

gfhammer 09-01-2009 07:02 PM

Re: touch pro with wm 6.1 won't get yahoo, any fix?

Last week I had the same problem on the Silence rom...couldnt get it to go either so I flashed Haze rom and now I got Yahoo again. If I were you try to download a newer Opera or hard reset.

gfhammer 09-01-2009 07:10 PM

forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42080 try this one

boredandtattooed 09-01-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfhammer (Post 1133730)
Last week I had the same problem on the Silence rom...couldnt get it to go either so I flashed Haze rom and now I got Yahoo again. If I were you try to download a newer Opera or hard reset.

Silence 23017?? thats what im on and no problems..

OP:
incoming server imap.mail.yahoo.com
outgoing stmp.mail.yahoo.com
yes-outgoing reqires auth
yes-use same user name and pass
advanced server settiings should both be unchecked

the rest is just your DL preferences, thaty doesnt affect the setup at all

gfhammer 09-01-2009 09:50 PM

I was on the 23017 and i liked everything about it except not being able to get to yahoo, i just flashed a new one since I couldnt figure it out.

boredandtattooed 09-01-2009 09:59 PM

sorry to hear, silence is golden(ha ha), i love this rom...i tried 1 of the newest builds by someone else and i just dont like the updates...

if u want it back, theres what u need for yahoo to work... the problem i had was in the auto process it didnt have "imap" or "mail"(1 of em) in the imap.mail.yahoo.com and the outgoing requires auth was unchecked by default.. i had to go back in and add those and it wotked fine.... the other 2 tps that run silence were set up with sashimi and makisu, so there cant be issue with the setup, since its preprogrammed by me beforhand and just booted in at setup

gfhammer 09-01-2009 11:10 PM

I didnt set up the email...I couldnt get yahoo.com to load on opera, I assume twbrooks was having the same problem.

jimmyz 09-02-2009 12:15 AM

I have same problem- yahoo mobile refuses to load on opera or IE on touch pro

915_tuscani 09-02-2009 12:33 AM

i get the same issue on my tp

haus 09-02-2009 12:50 AM

There was another thread about this recently. I'm on the stock ROM with the same issue. I assume Yahoo changed something. In the other thread there were some suggested fixes; I haven't bothered yet since it's not that big a deal to me and I'm due for a hard reset soon anyway so I'll just wait and try some things then.