PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Flashing with Vista64 vs Windows XP ?uestion... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81891)

wILLk0r3 818 08-31-2009 09:43 PM

Flashing with Vista64 vs Windows XP ?uestion...

So, I'm finally moving on from XP to Vista64. Are there any differences in the process? Anything I have to do prior to flashing or any special instructions with the process? Chime in, please! =) TIA!

frazell 08-31-2009 09:51 PM

Re: Flashing with Vista64 vs Windows XP ?uestion...

No. It works exactly the same.

Well I guess the only difference is you need to install the 64bit version of Windows Mobile Device Center.

wILLk0r3 818 08-31-2009 10:36 PM

Thanks a lot, Frazell!

pyro254750 08-31-2009 10:40 PM

ive never had a problem flashing the TP, however, my fiance had an LG incite before her iphone, and i had continuous communication problems between the pc and phone (using lg's flashing solution) resulting in a non functioning device. this was with vista x64 only. No problems whatsoever flashing either the TP or Incite on windows 7 x64.

if i recall, xp uses activesync software, while vista and windows 7 use windows mobile device center. just google "windows mobile device center" and youll find it on microsofts website. Its basically just activesync's replacement.

Mylt1 08-31-2009 10:44 PM

dont do it. vista sucks. stick with XP till you can upgrade to windows 7.

pyro254750 08-31-2009 11:03 PM

I have to disagree. Im not a fan of vista home, however, home premium and ultimate are both excellent operating systems, and, providing you have the hardware to support it, is faster and more stable than xp. The UI is a bit different, as is the file browser and control panel layout, but, once you get used to it you will most likely like it better as its more convenient, and youll be primed and ready for windows 7, because windows 7 pulls alot of tricks out of vistas bag.

wILLk0r3 818 09-01-2009 12:09 AM

Yeah I've been a WinXP guy foreverrrrr. I'm finally taking making the change because I think it's about time to move on. I'm getting a new box, just got 2 WLED computer monitors, a new huuuuge flat screen LCD and surround sound, new desk etc. So, everything's gonna be connected to everything else. I'm familiar with Vista but not for flashing/cooking.

pyro254750 09-01-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wILLk0r3 818 (Post 1132049)
Yeah I've been a WinXP guy foreverrrrr. I'm finally taking making the change because I think it's about time to move on. I'm getting a new box, just got 2 WLED computer monitors, a new huuuuge flat screen LCD and surround sound, new desk etc. So, everything's gonna be connected to everything else. I'm familiar with Vista but not for flashing/cooking.

the procedure for flashing/cooking is the same as before, because your still using the same software, just on a different platform. like i mentioned above, only difference that would be relevant is the use of WMDC instead of activesync.