PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 04:56 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to strra
wm6.5 device lock not unlocking?

this has only happened to me once, but i want some ideas for the future if it happens again.

my phone is locked, i try to unlock it (put in my password and press the unlock lock button) and nothing happens. it acts like i didn't press the unlock button. i also tried pressing the contacts and email buttons, all to no avail.

i tried to call myself and unlock like that. nothing.

i tried to send myself a text message and slide the text button to unlock. nope.

i finally ended up hard resetting because i had no way of accessing my phone (losing some texts in the process).
so does anyone have any idea about this issue?
(using NFSFAN's 111, btw)

Last edited by strra; 08-31-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: wm6.5 device lock not unlocking?

one of the reasons i dont use the S2U2 items. used them on my 6800 and when i first got the TP and nothing but problems. got rid of them and havent had a problem since.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:26 PM
the World Watcher
Threadstarter

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
one of the reasons i dont use the S2U2 items. used them on my 6800 and when i first got the TP and nothing but problems. got rid of them and havent had a problem since.
unfortunately, this isn't an option for me
Old 08-31-2009, 05:27 PM
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

do you need a security lock or just something to lock the screen? im sure there is something out there other than S2U2.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:29 PM
VIP Member

wait, what lock program are you using? windows original or S2U2?
Old 08-31-2009, 05:33 PM
the World Watcher
Threadstarter

Quote:
do you need a security lock or just something to lock the screen? im sure there is something out there other than S2U2.
Quote:
wait, what lock program are you using? windows original or S2U2?
i'm using the wm6.5 stock lock. i prefer it to s2u2 and since this issue has only happened once so far, i'm not looking to switch just yet
Old 08-31-2009, 05:52 PM
VIP Member

HUH, havent heard anyone have an issue with the stock lock. have you had the problem since the hard reset?
Old 09-01-2009, 12:19 AM
the World Watcher
Threadstarter

not yet... it's only happened that once.
i just wanted to see if anyone had any idea in case it happened again
Old 09-01-2009, 11:14 AM
VIP Member

probably just a glitch and the hard reset took care of it. i wouldnt stress over it.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:24 AM
the World Watcher
Threadstarter

hopefully... but strangely, this guy just had the same problem

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro