PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Rom that just works (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81823)

Bird11 08-31-2009 03:40 PM

Rom that just works

I am looking for a Rom that just works when I need it to. I am all to upset with those that I have tried including Mighty, Mighty-Silence and some others including the stock. Maybe it is just windows mobile, but when I press a button I expect it to work, I don't expect to have screens flashing around, I don't expect when I make a call for the radio to automatically turn off, or when I am at work and pick up my phone to notice the radio randomly turned itself off and I have 30 voice mails. I don't know when it became acceptable for companies to put out a product that doesn't fully work, but I guess that is the standards people have today.

I just want something that works and something that is not bloated, it needs to be light. any suggestions.

Noir 08-31-2009 03:43 PM

Re: Rom that just works

gosh
jd
nrgz
juicy
silence
demolition
dcd most definitely
too many to even begin to name

Mylt1 08-31-2009 04:46 PM

are you just loading roms or are you using the kitchen versions? a kitchen may get you what you want.

shaggylive 08-31-2009 04:49 PM

I have been running the sprint stock rom (manilla disabled) on my replacement phone since april, and I've done some crazy stuff to it where I thought for sure I needed to hard-reset, but nope, everytime i'm able to fix it or bring it back to life. :)

ou2mame 08-31-2009 05:09 PM

your radio shouldn't be turning off...what kind of reception do you have at work?

thats not the roms fault though..

Mylt1 08-31-2009 05:16 PM

yeah, im thinking his phone looses service for a few min then goes into power save mode.

KillAByteZ 08-31-2009 05:36 PM

WOW!!! another one of these threads.... I have had no problems with my TP at all. MIGHTY/SILENCE is a great ROm where everythin "just works". LIKe NOIR posted, you should take a look at other ROMs. Try different things with your phone. Try different radios, ROMs, your own customizations and do some research. Ask for help, alot of people are here to help.

Bird11 08-31-2009 06:31 PM

I mean if you guys are saying it works for you, then you simply must have lower standard on quality than I do. Ive tried the canon of roms and they all pretty much suck with the stock being the worst.

I just expect a phone to work, when I press a button on the screen, I expect it to do what it is intended to do. Not do something else or be incredibly laggy in its operation.

Bird11 08-31-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 1131202)
your radio shouldn't be turning off...what kind of reception do you have at work?

thats not the roms fault though..

I have great reception, it just randomly turns off at times. Same problem on numerous roms. Brother and friend have a similar problem on his TP.

mgioia2 08-31-2009 06:36 PM

Try JD or DCD's...promise you they work...no fluff...no crap...just a working phone that you can add what YOU want to...