PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dirty_blues is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A Bitter Sweet Goodbye to PPCGeeks :(

I never really posted much on here, but I have learned so much from all the threads. So first and foremost I'd like to thank all the contributers, ROM cookers etc for all the great information.

Unfortunately, my 3rd Touch Pro has failed. Same issue, dead keyboard. This is the 3rd one since June.... No water damage, never dropped, just heavy usage. The most recent replacement was received on Aug 27 and the keyboard died this monring 9/17... not even a month.

As much as I love this phone and all it has to offer, I just can't deal with the reliability issues. A TP2 just costs too much right now Sprint, and I just dropped 300 on this one in June. So Sprint is working with me to get a different phone, at a very reduced price, but I'm limited to Blackberry or a Pre for my needs. So, with that being said and not being a Blackberry fan, looks like a Pre is heading my way.

I hate to jump ship, but I have no choice. I have 30 days to "review" the Pre. So the 6.5 phones will be out then, but for now, I bid you all a fairwell and a huge thank you for all the information and support!!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: A Bitter Sweet Goodbye to PPCGeeks :(

Why do you have to leave PPCGEEKS?? They have a PRE section too http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

dirty_blues is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Why do you have to leave PPCGEEKS?? They have a PRE section too http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84

Oh, perhaps I completely spoke too soon!!! I didn't realize that. I've been coming here for WM stuff so much that I didn't even think to check......... Feel free to flame me for that, I feel like an idiot!!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:37 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

yeah i keep checking that section to see if anything cool is going on with the pre..... seems like not....yet?

i think i'm waiting for the hero before i decide on the tp2 or not.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

shark1987 is keeping up the good workshark1987 is keeping up the good work

Yea, the Hero is gonna be my next phone, but I'll still have my TP laying around ( and probably switching between using the two), so no need to leave PPCGeeks altogether.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
yeah i keep checking that section to see if anything cool is going on with the pre..... seems like not....yet?

i think i'm waiting for the hero before i decide on the tp2 or not.
My wife has the Pre and I purposly avoided playing with it in fear I would like it better than my touch pro. So the other day, I broke down and played with it for just a few minutes and that's all it took. And now I sport a Pre. Don't get me wrong, I still love my TP, but hated the headaches...

The Pre is intuitive. WebOS is quick and snappy. Yeah, it can get a lil sluggish here and there, but there is no lag. I found I can get more done on the Pre than I could ever get done on the TP with true multitasking and just the sheer quickness it has. Also, no more soft resets! I found that the Pre does just about as much as the TP anyways...but faster. Plus, The Pre is becoming more and more customizable. There are themes now available, can customize the phone dialer, etc. So now I use my TP as a house phone...lol....and without touching it in 24 hours, I was greeted with the "windows has occured an unexpected error" message when I went to make a call!! Those are the headaches I was referring too!

The Pre is a good Phone. does what I need it to do with ease.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

My friend has replaced his wife's pre 4 times in the last 3 months...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 09-18-2009, 10:48 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Hmm...to each their own, I guess. My buddy at work has a Pre that I play with occasionally. I like everything about the phone except for the keyboard. It alone is so bad that I would never get that phone. It's just way too small and feels weird...and it's on the bottom end of the phone. My TP is pretty snappy to me, and the only real issues I have with it are cosmetic. I haven't had any of the big issues that people have had with it (like dead keyboards), and I've had it since day 1 release last year.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:49 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

My guess, at number 5 she will be the one replaced..lol
Old 09-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah to each his own. It's all about what you want that fits your needs. I found the pre to work better for me. I still will use and customize my TP, but not lke I used too. I've only had tthe pre 1 week and its pretty solid and runs great. But just like any other electrical device and murphy's law, something can and will go wrong at any given moment. Like I said before, I've replaced the TP 3 times and if I have to replace the Pre 3 times, then so be it. But please, don't get me wrong, I still love my TP.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro