PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 01:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Lupin Saiko is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Light Sensor on 6.5 Wonky As & Should the Screen/Slide Part be Wobbly?

So I got my Touch Pro a couple days ago and I almost immediately installed MightyRom6 so I dont really remember if this problem existed on stock or not but in calls the light sensor or some other thing keeps turning the screen on and my cheek inevitably either ends the call or opens an amazing number of apps. I ended up just disabling the sensor via Advance Configuration and just manually lock the device when I go into calls but even then it still seems to turn back on rare occasions. Is this a known bug? Is there a fix? It is highly annoying. TIA

UPDATE:
Should the Screen/Sliding Part of the phone be wobbly when it is slid in/over the keyboard? Mine is and the center buttons top part is also slightly caved in. If I hear the wobbling screen should be solid I might just take this back and get another since it seems it might just be an incredibly bad unit.

Last edited by Lupin Saiko; 08-31-2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750
Re: Light Sensor on 6.5 Wonky As

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin Saiko View Post
So I got my Touch Pro a couple days ago and I almost immediately installed MightyRom6 so I dont really remember if this problem existed on stock or not but in calls the light sensor or some other thing keeps turning the screen on and my cheek inevitably either ends the call or opens an amazing number of apps. I ended up just disabling the sensor via Advance Configuration and just manually lock the device when I go into calls but even then it still seems to turn back on rare occasions. Is this a known bug? Is there a fix? It is highly annoying. TIA
I havent experienced this issue on any of the roms ive run, including MR6. I would perform the flash stock, clear storage, flash custom, clear storage procedure to ensure your getting a clean install
Old 08-31-2009, 01:39 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Lupin Saiko is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro254750 View Post
I havent experienced this issue on any of the roms ive run, including MR6. I would perform the flash stock, clear storage, flash custom, clear storage procedure to ensure your getting a clean install
Wow, thats a lot of work. What do you mean by "clear storage"?
Old 08-31-2009, 01:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff

Quote:
Wow, thats a lot of work. What do you mean by "clear storage"?
hard reset
Old 08-31-2009, 01:58 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Lupin Saiko is a n00b

Could I just do a hard reset now and then reinstall the Custom ROM, or is it really necessary for me to go back to stock first? Does the fact I kill the Dialer Skin to save memory affect the light sensors job?

Also another question: Should the Screen/Sliding Part of the phone be wobbly when it is slid in/over the keyboard? Mine is and the center buttons top part is also slightly caved in. If I hear the wobbling screen should be solid I might just take this back and get another since it seems it might just be an incredibly bad unit.

Last edited by Lupin Saiko; 08-31-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:32 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Light Sensor on 6.5 Wonky As & Should the Screen/Slide Part be Wobbly?

Mmm...have you tried Incall Screen tweak?

It turn the screen off when you have it too your ear, and on when you take it away to maybe hit numbers on your keypad

Here's the link to XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=488991
I've also attached the cab

Oh and this app doesn't use the light sensor b/c the light sensor doesn't work while the screen is off.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Touch_InCall_Screen_Tweak v1.1.3.CAB (50.8 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Could I just do a hard reset now and then reinstall the Custom ROM, or is it really necessary for me to go back to stock first? Does the fact I kill the Dialer Skin to save memory affect the light sensors job?

Also another question: Should the Screen/Sliding Part of the phone be wobbly when it is slid in/over the keyboard? Mine is and the center buttons top part is also slightly caved in. If I hear the wobbling screen should be solid I might just take this back and get another since it seems it might just be an incredibly bad unit.
ive seen a couple reports from others here on ppcgeeks that have had units with similar QC issues, but they were refurbs. Havent heard about a new unit with these issues until now. Might be worth a trip to the store to have it exchanged, because the screen should not be wobbly.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:51 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Lupin Saiko is a n00b
Re: Light Sensor on 6.5 Wonky As & Should the Screen/Slide Part be Wobbly?

Wow brushrop03 thanks for that. I dont quiet understand how that works cause I even tried it with like moving my head to different positions with phone still on ear as well as lying down and getting up and it didnt seem to lose the difference between near ear and not. Great app, thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro