PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2009, 01:16 AM
Lupin Saiko's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 39
Reputation: 10
Lupin Saiko is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Light Sensor on 6.5 Wonky As & Should the Screen/Slide Part be Wobbly?

So I got my Touch Pro a couple days ago and I almost immediately installed MightyRom6 so I dont really remember if this problem existed on stock or not but in calls the light sensor or some other thing keeps turning the screen on and my cheek inevitably either ends the call or opens an amazing number of apps. I ended up just disabling the sensor via Advance Configuration and just manually lock the device when I go into calls but even then it still seems to turn back on rare occasions. Is this a known bug? Is there a fix? It is highly annoying. TIA

UPDATE:
Should the Screen/Sliding Part of the phone be wobbly when it is slid in/over the keyboard? Mine is and the center buttons top part is also slightly caved in. If I hear the wobbling screen should be solid I might just take this back and get another since it seems it might just be an incredibly bad unit.

Last edited by Lupin Saiko; 08-31-2009 at 02:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2009, 01:21 AM
pyro254750's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Woodstock, GA
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 314
Reputation: 535
pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750
Re: Light Sensor on 6.5 Wonky As

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin Saiko View Post
So I got my Touch Pro a couple days ago and I almost immediately installed MightyRom6 so I dont really remember if this problem existed on stock or not but in calls the light sensor or some other thing keeps turning the screen on and my cheek inevitably either ends the call or opens an amazing number of apps. I ended up just disabling the sensor via Advance Configuration and just manually lock the device when I go into calls but even then it still seems to turn back on rare occasions. Is this a known bug? Is there a fix? It is highly annoying. TIA
I havent experienced this issue on any of the roms ive run, including MR6. I would perform the flash stock, clear storage, flash custom, clear storage procedure to ensure your getting a clean install
__________________
My phone is like my genitals. Id cry if i lost it, and i like to use it everyday.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2009, 01:39 AM
Lupin Saiko's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 39
Reputation: 10
Lupin Saiko is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Light Sensor on 6.5 Wonky As

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro254750 View Post
I havent experienced this issue on any of the roms ive run, including MR6. I would perform the flash stock, clear storage, flash custom, clear storage procedure to ensure your getting a clean install
Wow, thats a lot of work. What do you mean by "clear storage"?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2009, 01:40 AM
pyro254750's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Woodstock, GA
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 314
Reputation: 535
pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750
Re: Light Sensor on 6.5 Wonky As

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin Saiko View Post
Wow, thats a lot of work. What do you mean by "clear storage"?
hard reset
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2009, 01:58 AM
Lupin Saiko's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 39
Reputation: 10
Lupin Saiko is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Light Sensor on 6.5 Wonky As

Could I just do a hard reset now and then reinstall the Custom ROM, or is it really necessary for me to go back to stock first? Does the fact I kill the Dialer Skin to save memory affect the light sensors job?

Also another question: Should the Screen/Sliding Part of the phone be wobbly when it is slid in/over the keyboard? Mine is and the center buttons top part is also slightly caved in. If I hear the wobbling screen should be solid I might just take this back and get another since it seems it might just be an incredibly bad unit.

Last edited by Lupin Saiko; 08-31-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2009, 06:32 AM
brushrop03's Avatar
brushrop03
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Light Sensor on 6.5 Wonky As & Should the Screen/Slide Part be Wobbly?

Mmm...have you tried Incall Screen tweak?

It turn the screen off when you have it too your ear, and on when you take it away to maybe hit numbers on your keypad

Here's the link to XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=488991
I've also attached the cab

Oh and this app doesn't use the light sensor b/c the light sensor doesn't work while the screen is off.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Touch_InCall_Screen_Tweak v1.1.3.CAB (50.8 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 2 times.
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2009, 11:04 AM
pyro254750's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Woodstock, GA
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 314
Reputation: 535
pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750
Re: Light Sensor on 6.5 Wonky As

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin Saiko View Post
Could I just do a hard reset now and then reinstall the Custom ROM, or is it really necessary for me to go back to stock first? Does the fact I kill the Dialer Skin to save memory affect the light sensors job?

Also another question: Should the Screen/Sliding Part of the phone be wobbly when it is slid in/over the keyboard? Mine is and the center buttons top part is also slightly caved in. If I hear the wobbling screen should be solid I might just take this back and get another since it seems it might just be an incredibly bad unit.
ive seen a couple reports from others here on ppcgeeks that have had units with similar QC issues, but they were refurbs. Havent heard about a new unit with these issues until now. Might be worth a trip to the store to have it exchanged, because the screen should not be wobbly.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2009, 06:51 PM
Lupin Saiko's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 39
Reputation: 10
Lupin Saiko is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Light Sensor on 6.5 Wonky As & Should the Screen/Slide Part be Wobbly?

Wow brushrop03 thanks for that. I dont quiet understand how that works cause I even tried it with like moving my head to different positions with phone still on ear as well as lying down and getting up and it didnt seem to lose the difference between near ear and not. Great app, thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com