PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cmai is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DRM *.wma issue on the Touch Pro

I look around on this forum and I cannot find the fix for it. I have tried many ROM and all of them I cannot play *.WMA DRM file. Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Last edited by cmai; 08-31-2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: wrong extensions
Old 08-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: DRM *.wav issue on the Touch Pro

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63
Old 08-30-2009, 08:13 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: DRM *.wav issue on the Touch Pro

Moved to the HTC Touch Pro forum.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cmai is a n00b
Re: DRM *.wma issue on the Touch Pro

Can anyone help please? A patch/cab or something to allow the Touch Pro to play DRM .wma file? I know that the Touch Pro can do it because the stock ROM has the capability.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:08 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

stock plays it???

doesnt DMR mean its a digitally protected file?? if so you have to extract the dmr or usually syncing the file correctly through activesync moves transfers the license too
Old 08-31-2009, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cmai is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
stock plays it???

doesnt DMR mean its a digitally protected file?? if so you have to extract the dmr or usually syncing the file correctly through activesync moves transfers the license too
Yes, there you sync it through overdrive media console. With stock I can do it but once I use custom ROM, I cannot do it anymore. I really like the new interface 23037.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

collindv is just getting started

Anyone ever find a solution to this problem? It seems like WM6.5 chokes on the DRM. I too am trying to use overdrive media console to listen to audobooks downloaded from the library and am getting a DRM error. I am using Silences newest ROM.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

brokenflipside is just getting started

Ok I am going to revive this post... due to the great article posted by our friends over at PocketNow.com

I have researched this thoroughly, you cannot play DRM WMA files on windows mobile 6.5 --now since I have no access to a phone with an official carrier release of 6.5 I cannot confirm that this is only for cooked roms or not. I have read 1 post saying it worked flawlessly on a Stock ATT Pure. So the issue seems to be why do the cooked 6.5 Roms not include the DRM certificate for WMA DRM files? I have seen a few posts about this after 2 days of research but no substantial answers, essentially this might be the article that leads the way for numerous people with DRM WMA files.

At this point the most I have found is that it seems that LockstreamDRM might not be cooked into most 6.5 Roms --I am not an experienced chef AT ALL, but my attempts to cook LockStreamDRM into my own ROM has NOT been successful. To my knowledge there has not been a successful LockStreamDRM cab made for that matter, other than an Orange French version that did nothing when I installed it into numerous ROMs. Any thoughts? Anyone?
Attached Files
File Type: cab orange_fr_lockstreamdrm.cab (163.5 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar LockstreamDRM.rar (152.2 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-27-2009, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cmai is a n00b

It would be great if someone can get this to work on a 6.5.x rom.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

collindv is just getting started

It has been quite awhile since I looked into this issue, but I believe I was able to play my DRM'd audiobooks by using NFSFAN's 6.5 rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro