PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

mookiemoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation OK, which rom, Mighty 6 or Juicy?

Without anyone sitting on the fence or giving me sarcastic answers, I want to know which ROM is better, and why. I have been using Mighty Rom 6 and it drains the heck out of my battery. I am hoping to hear form those who actually have these roms on their touch pro. If not these two, is their one better than these listed.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:57 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: OK, which rom, Mighty 6 or Juicy?

i have amazing battery life using Silences rom.... the Black Dragon Rom is holding up real good too... im running both of those
Old 08-30-2009, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I like the new juicy but I also loved silence, psyki memory and SSS rom...
you should really test the waters and see what you want
Old 08-30-2009, 05:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

ByTeMe is becoming a great contributor

Just try them both for a while, doesn't hurt. All up to personal preference. For me Mighty's is the only one that works with Bell properly.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mookiemoo is a n00b

what is the latest version of juicy? does juicy have anything that mighty does not have? how about silence, what version??? does silence have something mighty does not have?
Old 08-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean

Silence or NFSFAN's. they both are amazing IMO.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemoo View Post
what is the latest version of juicy? does juicy have anything that mighty does not have? how about silence, what version??? does silence have something mighty does not have?
I think your asking for a little bit too much. No one is going to do your homework for you. Get out there ans flash some roms. what works for one doesnt mean it will work for you.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

Everyone got their own tastes.. try a few for a couple days for yourself like everyone is suggesting. Flashing isn't a permanent thing

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

Old 08-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemoo View Post
Without anyone sitting on the fence or giving me sarcastic answers, I want to know which ROM is better, and why. I have been using Mighty Rom 6 and it drains the heck out of my battery. I am hoping to hear form those who actually have these roms on their touch pro. If not these two, is their one better than these listed.
Man, ROMs are not about reputation. I assume you're sitting here debating between Mighty and Juicy because they're the ROMs you hear the most about, and naturally assume then that those two must be "teh best."

Here's the deal, sparky: there is no best ROM. While I used Mighty's ROMs for the first couple of months I owned my Touch Pro, the way I used my phone slowly changed over time and consequently the ROM I needed changed as well. You want to give us a very thorough line-item breakdown of what you do with your phone and what you expect from your phone, we might be able to help. Otherwise, the best thing you can do is start flashing until you find a ROM that satisfies your needs, and enjoy it until if--and when--your needs change.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mookiemoo is a n00b

WOW, thank you for taking the time to answer that request with thought. I am an airline pilot who travels obviously 4 days a week I use the TP for phone, internet and light texting. I flashed mighty rom 6 and like it BUT i noticed it drains the heck out of my battery more so than the stock rom from sprint. I am trying to a rom that performs smoothly, quickly, and does not drain the battery excessively. Any thoughts?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro