PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   OK, which rom, Mighty 6 or Juicy? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81690)

mookiemoo 08-30-2009 04:35 PM

OK, which rom, Mighty 6 or Juicy?

Without anyone sitting on the fence or giving me sarcastic answers, I want to know which ROM is better, and why. I have been using Mighty Rom 6 and it drains the heck out of my battery. I am hoping to hear form those who actually have these roms on their touch pro. If not these two, is their one better than these listed.

boredandtattooed 08-30-2009 04:57 PM

Re: OK, which rom, Mighty 6 or Juicy?

i have amazing battery life using Silences rom.... the Black Dragon Rom is holding up real good too... im running both of those

Noir 08-30-2009 05:04 PM

I like the new juicy but I also loved silence, psyki memory and SSS rom...
you should really test the waters and see what you want

ByTeMe 08-30-2009 05:33 PM

Just try them both for a while, doesn't hurt. All up to personal preference. For me Mighty's is the only one that works with Bell properly.

mookiemoo 08-30-2009 05:36 PM

what is the latest version of juicy? does juicy have anything that mighty does not have? how about silence, what version??? does silence have something mighty does not have?

southphillysean 08-30-2009 05:37 PM

Silence or NFSFAN's. they both are amazing IMO.

southphillysean 08-30-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemoo (Post 1129346)
what is the latest version of juicy? does juicy have anything that mighty does not have? how about silence, what version??? does silence have something mighty does not have?

I think your asking for a little bit too much. No one is going to do your homework for you. Get out there ans flash some roms. what works for one doesnt mean it will work for you.

TnA-2xXtReM 08-30-2009 05:58 PM

Everyone got their own tastes.. try a few for a couple days for yourself like everyone is suggesting. Flashing isn't a permanent thing :)

Rourke Swift 08-30-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemoo (Post 1129269)
Without anyone sitting on the fence or giving me sarcastic answers, I want to know which ROM is better, and why. I have been using Mighty Rom 6 and it drains the heck out of my battery. I am hoping to hear form those who actually have these roms on their touch pro. If not these two, is their one better than these listed.

Man, ROMs are not about reputation. I assume you're sitting here debating between Mighty and Juicy because they're the ROMs you hear the most about, and naturally assume then that those two must be "teh best."

Here's the deal, sparky: there is no best ROM. While I used Mighty's ROMs for the first couple of months I owned my Touch Pro, the way I used my phone slowly changed over time and consequently the ROM I needed changed as well. You want to give us a very thorough line-item breakdown of what you do with your phone and what you expect from your phone, we might be able to help. Otherwise, the best thing you can do is start flashing until you find a ROM that satisfies your needs, and enjoy it until if--and when--your needs change.

mookiemoo 08-30-2009 07:15 PM

WOW, thank you for taking the time to answer that request with thought. I am an airline pilot who travels obviously 4 days a week I use the TP for phone, internet and light texting. I flashed mighty rom 6 and like it BUT i noticed it drains the heck out of my battery more so than the stock rom from sprint. I am trying to a rom that performs smoothly, quickly, and does not drain the battery excessively. Any thoughts?