PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM
Re: OK, which rom, Mighty 6 or Juicy?

In that case, might as well try the different radios that are available under the upgrade section. I had been on the Mighty ROM for sometime, but when I first flash it, I still noticed the same 'battery' issue as my stock ROM did. Depending on your location, you have to test each radio and figure out which radio gives you the better numbers that are closer to zero. You'll understand this when you briefly read through the thread a little. Me personally, I uses the Verizon's latest radio and it works like wonder. One night, I was too lazy to get up to charge my TP, I let it sit ay 40% at 9 PM. When I work up at 7 AM the next day, I checked the phone and got 30% left. Pretty good standby with the texts and push mails I receive.

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

Old 08-30-2009, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemoo View Post
WOW, thank you for taking the time to answer that request with thought. I am an airline pilot who travels obviously 4 days a week I use the TP for phone, internet and light texting. I flashed mighty rom 6 and like it BUT i noticed it drains the heck out of my battery more so than the stock rom from sprint. I am trying to a rom that performs smoothly, quickly, and does not drain the battery excessively. Any thoughts?
If you agree that your 4 biggest priorities with your phone are:
  • Calls
  • Internet
  • Light SMS
  • Excellent Battery Life
And that your priorities do not extend much further than that (NFS or other games, productivity and utilities, fancy themes and artwork), you don't need to be using a 6.5 ROM at all. Every ROM on this site can provide the first three, and that leaves you basically searching for the best battery life (which, most people would agree, is found more often in 6.1 ROMs than 6.5 ROMs).

Knowing that, I would recommend you try the Silence/Mighty collaboration ROM (here), which is styled to be a stripped-down stock ROM that most people report as having amazing battery life. Additionally, you might try MightyROM4 (here), which easily gives me 48 hours of use on one charge, though includes a few extra goodies you may or may not find useful. Then there's DCD's 6.1 ROMs (.92 and .96), which can be found in this thread, though they require a bit more setup, research, and know-how to work with. All three of these are basically unsupported and out-of-production ROMs that will give you phone, SMS, internet, and ridiculous battery life. Psyki and Silence also have some good 6.1 ROMs with great battery, though I doubt you'll have much use for the bells and whistles included.

Last edited by Rourke Swift; 08-30-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

While i agree with rourke for the most part, I have to say, silences 23017 6.5 build has treated me with EXCELLENT battery life and stability compared to all the other roms ive tried (which include all of the ones listed above by rourke). IMO, if you are looking for a 6.5 rom that satisfies the above criteria, silence 6.5 is the way to go. If you prefer 6.1, then i agree with rourke, silence mighty, and mighty 4.

either way, as mentioned above, try some different radios. Ive had excellent luck with the telus radio, and the latest sprint radio.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

mookiemoo is a n00b

Thank you for the informative insight. I really mean that. I have been on this sight for the last couple of years but just now am venturing out tinkering with my latest phone, the TP. I next want ot get into making my own roms. Every day is a learning step and listening has been a big help. I will certainly look into silence's rom and try other radios. Does the verizon radio work on a sprint phone do you know???? not sure if it is simply a software program or a system specific program for each carrier.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

cocoabro is keeping up the good workcocoabro is keeping up the good work

I've had excellent luck with Psyki's ROMs. I've experienced the best battery life of any ROM with his 8/21 build, and he's supposed to release an update today.
Another ROM-independent suggestion is to try Lumos auto-backlight enhancement. PocketShield may help as well. Definitely worth a look.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemoo View Post
Thank you for the informative insight. I really mean that. I have been on this sight for the last couple of years but just now am venturing out tinkering with my latest phone, the TP. I next want ot get into making my own roms. Every day is a learning step and listening has been a big help. I will certainly look into silence's rom and try other radios. Does the verizon radio work on a sprint phone do you know???? not sure if it is simply a software program or a system specific program for each carrier.
the roms are not carrier specific, they are simply named sprint/verison/uscellular etc. because those are the companies that released them. Its just software, they will mix with other carriers. I did not have good luck with verizon or alltell radios on my phone, but it all depends where you are and how your signal strength is. So far the best for me has been telus, followed by latest sprint radio.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

Steve.G is a n00b

I real like SSK .. I use the Titanium today screen and it's just perfect. Lightweight and I have a few sweet plugins such as the Twitter and Task plugins I installed. The battery life has been very good, as well.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

merdins rom holds about the best charge that i have found so far for what i do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro