PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Random files on root folder of device (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81618)

fenixjn 08-29-2009 10:16 PM

Random files on root folder of device

2 Attachment(s)
Well recently I took a look at my root folder and just found out a bunch of files and folders being there... the problem is, their names do not make any sense as most (or all) of them seem to have random ASCII characters. I have tried erasing them but both TC and Resco cannot delete the file. I even tried on windows (on my PC) and it cant delete them.

Now, I know that a hard reset or re flash will fix the issue but I'm trying to get this fixed without having to reinstall everything. Any ideas? Is there an utility like chkdsk but that can be used on the internal memory? Thanks.

boredandtattooed 08-30-2009 12:18 AM

Re: Random files on root folder of device

hmmm.. ive never seen anything like That before... gotta love those 1984 and 85 mod dates lol...

but seriously, how could u not off noticed that before?? u think its been awhile? id look into my program files folders amd start looking for tthings i installed with that 9/24/09 on it.. thats the only file that registers any memory usage.. so youd think something u did, DLd, or app you installed left its mark so to speak.... itll prob take you longer to go through all your files then it would to just Flash again, since that takes all but 2 minutes..

but yeah, thats my opinion...sorry its just that and its not a solution

pyro254750 08-30-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1128528)
hmmm.. ive never seen anything like That before... gotta love those 1984 and 85 mod dates lol...

but seriously, how could u not off noticed that before?? u think its been awhile? id look into my program files folders amd start looking for tthings i installed with that 9/24/09 on it.. thats the only file that registers any memory usage.. so youd think something u did, DLd, or app you installed left its mark so to speak.... itll prob take you longer to go through all your files then it would to just Flash again, since that takes all but 2 minutes..

but yeah, thats my opinion...sorry its just that and its not a solution

agreed. with the backup solutions available, its not worth your time to troubleshoot this problem because it would be faster to reflash.

fenixjn 08-30-2009 01:05 AM

Yeah I made a system backup using SKTools, then hard reset. It did solve the FS issue but the phone radio became inactive (as it powered on but it would not pick up any signal). I had to reflash and then restore. No weird files so far.

And yeah, I just noticed it. Main reason is because I usually go into TC when I need to install something from the SD card.

About programs installed... well nothing out of the ordinary maybe it was a bad flash that didnt go that bad but it was going to.