PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Gleemen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I give up....

OK. I've had my TP for a year now and in the last month Sprint has had to replace it 6 times. 1st time the phone just died. 2nd keyboard crapped out. 3rd the software had a issue. 4th-5th the keyboard just didn't work. I'm on my sixth replacement model and I think I'm done. Sorry to PMS on the forum but i just think its ridiculous that it has been replaced so much. I'm ending my Sprint contract and trying something new (no point in hiding it..I'm getting a iphone).

Was thinking about the Pre but i don't like the keyboard.

Anyone else had to replace their TP this much?
Old 08-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: I give up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleemen View Post
OK. I've had my TP for a year now and in the last month Sprint has had to replace it 6 times. 1st time the phone just died. 2nd keyboard crapped out. 3rd the software had a issue. 4th-5th the keyboard just didn't work. I'm on my sixth replacement model and I think I'm done. Sorry to PMS on the forum but i just think its ridiculous that it has been replaced so much. I'm ending my Sprint contract and trying something new (no point in hiding it..I'm getting a iphone).

Was thinking about the Pre but i don't like the keyboard.

Anyone else had to replace their TP this much?
ive had 3 replacements, about to get the 4th [rainbow screen issue and crack in housing?] firs one had the rainbowscreen and stoped working, second one the usb port died, third one the whole dpad/send/end buttons stopped working
Old 08-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

I hear you completely. I am sick of the problems ive been having with the device, my keyboard has stopped working 5 times on every TP ive owned. I am desperately awaiting the touch pro 2 and hoping that it doesnt have these types of major problems and I hear that its pretty good. But yea I would probably switch carriers as well if it wasnt for my SERO plan which no other deal can beat.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

EaqleOne is a n00b

Nope, ive only replaced mine once and ive had mine for almost a year now, good luck with the all mighty "i phone" and its wonderful service
Old 08-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Gleemen is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaqleOne View Post
Nope, ive only replaced mine once and ive had mine for almost a year now, good luck with the all mighty "i phone" and its wonderful service

Your sarcasm isn't missed...but i don't want to start a hater blog on the iphone. The TP has been a annoying and waste of time experience for me. Lets face it Sprints service has nothing to boast about...signal or customer care.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

EaqleOne is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleemen View Post
Your sarcasm isn't missed...but i don't want to start a hater blog on the iphone. The TP has been a annoying and waste of time experience for me. Lets face it Sprints service has nothing to boast about...signal or customer care.
Sorry my boss has the Iphone and he constantly brags about it and its cool apps but when it comes down to being a "phone" it is under par in my opinion
Old 08-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Gleemen is a n00b

Yeah, thanks for your opinion. But I'm lucky if i don't have to call someone back because the TP answer buttons don't work or the ringer doesn't go off (not much of a phone). The main point is the TP is bumming me out and its time to move on. As for the iphone subject...I am around them a lot and have played with them too. In fact i think i use my friend's iphones more then they do. Shrug everyone has their opinion on the phone and they can do whatever they like with it. Although, i haven't been happy with my TP and how Sprint is handling it.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

myhollowworld2 is becoming a great contributor

I've been lucky and only had to have the phone replaced once as of dead usb port. (in over a year)

But either way, I can certainly say this phone's much better than Mogul, which was replaced 5 times in a year.

I like the TP...but I want the TP2. I'm so greedy
Old 08-29-2009, 08:33 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

had TPs for about as long, well atleast 1 of em...

ive yet to run into the probs most have... only had one keyboard issue ever, and they swapped it for another NIB... that replacement NIB was just replaced for flaking chrome, but i dropped it and it xcraked and broke off, even told them that... and they still replaced it....

i dunno what u guys do, i txt a ton, and almost all mine have always stood up just fine
Old 08-29-2009, 08:45 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

TP here still running strong since it first came out....gotta be gentle with this thing man

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro