PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Highest-capacity extended battery for TP?

Ok, I've looked through the stickies, and haven't found an answer. I need to know how big the biggest battery for the TP is, and who sells it.

The stock (Sprint) battery is 1340mAh. The biggest battery that Seidio stocks is 2000mAh. Using the stock battery, the phone now goes for ~4.25 hours (constant streaming radio usage). With the 2000mAh battery, it would go for ~5.66 hours. That doesn't seem like enough of an increase to justify a $60 price tag to me.

Thanks...
Old 08-16-2009, 03:57 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Highest-capacity extended battery for TP?

theres a 3000mah battery for around 90 bucks
Old 08-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Talking Re: Highest-capacity extended battery for TP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
theres a 3000mah battery for around 90 bucks
Thanks!

I found a seller on eBay selling it for about $78. After using a 10% off coupon and accounting for taxes, I got the battery for $77.02.

If my math is right, this battery should raise my talk time from ~4.25 hours to ~9.51 hours. That's worth the $77. If I add in the two stock batteries that I already have, I should have the ability to get about 18 hours of talk time away from a charger.

I also found a nice HTC/ExtUSB compatible stereo headset that is retractable with a mic, control button (answer/end/VC), volume dial, clothes clip, and that has plugs to adjust to my ears for about $41 total. It should also be able to follow me to the TP2.

Edit: eBay seller name is 'nakedcellphone', and the 10% off coupon code for them is "GEKZH1259652". Enter it after they direct to their own payment system, before you hit PayPal. It can be used 4 more times between now and 10/16/09.

Last edited by SweetBearCub; 08-16-2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Added coupon code info
Old 08-16-2009, 06:01 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

not bad man... and that was the 3000mah battery right?? good deal, there was a thread this morn where a guy was asking about the math behind it all like you and was wondering about picking it up.. it was about 90 for him... might wanna look up the thread, prob on page 2 by now atleast, and let him know you can save him a few bucks
Old 08-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

cmdpapichulo is a n00b

Dam 1340mah my battery say 1000mah and it came with the phone i got robbed lol definetly gonna have to buy that extended one
Old 08-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
not bad man... and that was the 3000mah battery right?? good deal, there was a thread this morn where a guy was asking about the math behind it all like you and was wondering about picking it up.. it was about 90 for him... might wanna look up the thread, prob on page 2 by now atleast, and let him know you can save him a few bucks
Yeah it was the 3,000 mAH battery. I looked for the post you referenced, couldn't find it.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdpapichulo View Post
Dam 1340mah my battery say 1000mah and it came with the phone i got robbed lol definetly gonna have to buy that extended one
Hold your horses! Try going into a Sprint corporate repair store and asking them if they have any TP batteries. Due to the way they handle refurbs (not always giving you all the accessories), they often have many OEM accessories in the back for popular phones, and you have about a 50/50 chance of them giving you one if you ask. I got my 2nd stock battery from a local store just by asking.

Good luck!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

i have the 3000 and still cant get a whole day out of it. i guess it depends how you use it...where have i heard that saying before?
Old 08-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
i have the 3000 and still cant get a whole day out of it. i guess it depends how you use it...where have i heard that saying before?
I can understand that. But the 3,000 mAH battery doesn't guarantee a full day. It has ~2.23 times the capacity of a stock 1340 mAH Sprint battery. So I only expect it to provide about 2.23 times the runtime that the stock battery provides.

If it ends up providing significantly less (I'd say anything less than ~1.79 times the runtime of the stock battery, 80% of what is expected) then I would guess that it is defective and you should pursue getting it replaced with Mugen.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:59 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
Yeah it was the 3,000 mAH battery. I looked for the post you referenced, couldn't find it.

here ya go, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79640 hope your not too late to save him some $$$

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro