PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

0Gravity is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Turning Off Wake up on SMS?

Hi All,
I am trying to get my TP to STOP Waking up on SMS, and I cant seem to get it to work....when I am working and I get a text the screen comes on while the phone is in my belt holster, and then as I move and bump the phone into things it opens programs and then I have 7 things running my battery down even faster then the phone already does!

I have tried the setting in Diamond TF3D Config, and Also tried the registry setting...and niether seem to do anything....I am running the SPB Mobile Shell 3 with TF3D in the background, is there a setting in SPB MS 3 that I am missing for SMS settings?

Any help with this would be great!
Thanks in advance,
0Gravity
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:26 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Turning Off Wake up on SMS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gravity View Post
Hi All,
I am trying to get my TP to STOP Waking up on SMS, and I cant seem to get it to work....when I am working and I get a text the screen comes on while the phone is in my belt holster, and then as I move and bump the phone into things it opens programs and then I have 7 things running my battery down even faster then the phone already does!

I have tried the setting in Diamond TF3D Config, and Also tried the registry setting...and niether seem to do anything....I am running the SPB Mobile Shell 3 with TF3D in the background, is there a setting in SPB MS 3 that I am missing for SMS settings?

Any help with this would be great!
Thanks in advance,
0Gravity
PocketShield is the best for this. It will keep the phone from unlocking if there's not enough light to trigger the light sensor... It is a paid up but it's probably the best app I've ever bought. It's honestly worth twice what it costs...

http://pocketshield.netserver01.com/
Old 08-28-2009, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks Kliptik, I will try that if their is no other way, but I thought "Wake Up On SMS" was a tweak that I set back when I first got the phone, but now I cant get it back to normal, I'm trying to do this without any special programs or screen locks, If possible.
Thanks Again,
Mike
Old 08-28-2009, 01:03 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Thanks Kliptik, I will try that if their is no other way, but I thought "Wake Up On SMS" was a tweak that I set back when I first got the phone, but now I cant get it back to normal, I'm trying to do this without any special programs or screen locks, If possible.
Thanks Again,
Mike
I gotcha. I'll check around and post back if I find regedit or something.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:22 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
Wake Up on New SMS –> HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL : DisableSMSWakeUpEvent <– set to “1″ by default. Change value to “0″

Is this the regedit you tried?
Old 08-28-2009, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yes....but let me ask you...I believe it is set by default NOT to wake up, and to set it to WAKEUP you change that 1 to 0 correct? I have it set on 1, and my phone still wakes up on SMS.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:44 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
Yes....but let me ask you...I believe it is set by default NOT to wake up, and to set it to WAKEUP you change that 1 to 0 correct? I have it set on 1, and my phone still wakes up on SMS.
I beleve you are correct. "1" generally means "TRUE" and "0" generally means "FALSE". So the key is "DisableWakeUpEvent", which should mean that a value of "TRUE" would keep the screen from turning on...

You might try it both ways and see if either way works for you. Make sure to soft reset after you change the setting, so that it will take effect.

EDIT: I just checked mine and it is set to "1", and I've never changed it. You might try "0" and see if that works...
Old 08-28-2009, 02:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Does yours wake up when you get a Txt message?
Old 08-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
Does yours wake up when you get a Txt message?
Yes it does. Sorry I should have said that!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jerrygon is keeping up the good workjerrygon is keeping up the good work

Anybody figured this out yet? I tried 0 and 1 with this entry and both of them wake up the unit on SMS arrival... Can anyone help?? I do not want it to wake up.

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro