PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

callmesaul8889 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Threaded texts not marked as read 6.5 (confusing, just read it)

O.K. so I'm using energyrom 6.5 and every version of 6.5 that i've used has done this(including non-energyrom builds)

When you recieve a text... and reply to that text without closing the thread... the message stays marked as unread.... so if you go through an entire convo with someone, none of there texts are marked as read until you close the threaded message...

this was not like this in 6.1

im picky and want it to mark all messages in the thread as read when i send a response...

it's annoying when S2U2 says i have 16 new messages because i havent exited that particular convo yet.
someone help? gracias
Old 08-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

DarkDragon is a n00b
Re: Threaded texts not marked as read 6.5 (confusing, just read it)

I am running the latest Mighty rom and it is doing the same thing as well. Although it doesn't really bother me all that much.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

callmesaul8889 is a n00b

yeah, it wouldnt bother me at all if it didnt screw up my previews in S2U2, sometimes when i click to see the text in S2U2, it's an older text rather than the newest one
Old 08-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

This seems to be happening on all 6.5 builds (you said that in your first post). I also think this is related to the "freezing" when you close out the threaded conversation. It seems that if those texts don't get marked as "read" then it causes a lag when closing the conversation.

If you select each message individually it will mark it as "read" (this also seems to get rid of the freezing when closing the conversation).
Old 08-28-2009, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

callmesaul8889 is a n00b

what exactly do you mean by select it individually? what i've been doing is tapping each message while in the convo and it marks it as read, but thats a real pain, does anyone know what's different that could be affecting it?
Old 08-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmesaul8889 View Post
what exactly do you mean by select it individually? what i've been doing is tapping each message while in the convo and it marks it as read, but thats a real pain, does anyone know what's different that could be affecting it?
Yeah that's exactly what i mean. And yeah it is a real pain. You could also just hit the UP button of the D-Pad a bunch of times to select them. A little faster... All in all though, for as amazing as 6.5 is as a whole, I can live with this till it does get worked out.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:19 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

callmesaul8889 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
... All in all though, for as amazing as 6.5 is as a whole, I can live with this till it does get worked out.
i agree completely, i might try to write a script to take care of it temporarily.. if anyone comes across any kind of fix or reason why, id appreciate the info

Last edited by callmesaul8889; 08-28-2009 at 12:34 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro