PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yzguy128 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weird stuck on black Touch Pro bootup screen problem

Ok here it goes.

Like most people on this forum I am a flashaholic. I have tried just about every rom on this forum trying out all of the awesome features people have been able to package together. Now here is my problem. Up until now I have never experienced this issue.

I flashed back and forth between NFS's roms, the SENSE rom, and my current rom ENERGYROM. No matter which of these 3 roms I flashed if I made a single change to say the tabs available on manilla 2.5 once I soft reset the phone it would stay stuck on the black Touch Pro screen.

I tried flashing the stock rom from HTC, hard resetting, then flashing back to ENERGYROM but still that same issue. I got a little further this time and was able to remove the twitter and footprints tab but as soon as I installed microsoft my phone it happened again. I soft reset the phone and it's stuck on the black touch pro screen again.

The only way I can get back to using my phone is to hard reset.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:52 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: Weird stuck on black Touch Pro bootup screen problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzguy128 View Post
Ok here it goes.

Like most people on this forum I am a flashaholic. I have tried just about every rom on this forum trying out all of the awesome features people have been able to package together. Now here is my problem. Up until now I have never experienced this issue.

I flashed back and forth between NFS's roms, the SENSE rom, and my current rom ENERGYROM. No matter which of these 3 roms I flashed if I made a single change to say the tabs available on manilla 2.5 once I soft reset the phone it would stay stuck on the black Touch Pro screen.

I tried flashing the stock rom from HTC, hard resetting, then flashing back to ENERGYROM but still that same issue. I got a little further this time and was able to remove the twitter and footprints tab but as soon as I installed microsoft my phone it happened again. I soft reset the phone and it's stuck on the black touch pro screen again.

The only way I can get back to using my phone is to hard reset.

Thanks in advance.
i would flash back to stock and after it sets up HR, then try the same things thats making it crash on custom roms (removing tabs) if it does it on the stock rom see if it keeps doing it,if so lock it up and get it replaced, also if it does ok on stock rom i would dl another copy of 1 of the roms you use and see if it will flash then,just make sure your doing the flashdance between all these flashes

Old 12-03-2009, 02:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

+1

If you flash from one rom to another, some things may stick to your device from last flash and be causing the prob. Stock rom, a couple hard resets after it customizes each time should put you clear.

But I would say if you flash back to stock and the apps you install give you same probs as on a custom rom, then the apps are fighting each other.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

yzguy128 is just getting started

Allright, so I am going to flash back to the stock rom. Hard reset 3 times after it completes customization each time. Then, flash to the custom rom I want and hard reset after first successful boot. I will report back. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

XstingstreetX is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to XstingstreetX Send a message via MSN to XstingstreetX Send a message via Yahoo to XstingstreetX Send a message via Skype™ to XstingstreetX

I have the same problem being stuck at the boot up screen... i did a hard reset and its trying to reinstall energy rom again, but doesn't fully install it.... what can i do?
Old 12-03-2009, 04:04 AM
Almost a VIP

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Make sure your not flashing a GSM rom on a CDMA device or other way around. And make sure you are unlocked.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Send a message via AIM to XstingstreetX Send a message via MSN to XstingstreetX Send a message via Yahoo to XstingstreetX Send a message via Skype™ to XstingstreetX

I am on Sprint(CDMA) and unlocked but this problem just started out of the blue... This is a old rom from nrgz28 though... hmmm
Old 12-03-2009, 04:07 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

try the hard reset fix.
flash to stock rom
hard reset
relock phone
hard reset
unlock phone
flash custom rom
hard reset

unless this is something different?
Old 12-03-2009, 04:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

A hard reset is only giving me the EnergyROM reinstall after i hard rest. Then it loops because it doesnt install right...It restarts as its installing and in back where i started hence then loop... So i wouldnt know how i could flash anything without my active sync...
Old 12-03-2009, 04:11 AM
Almost a VIP

If it is a sprint phone (setup for sprint) using an NRG rom for cdma, it may be a bad flash. I just quit using his new roms and went back to an old one. It is not the rom if you have the correct one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro