PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel Verizon PRL

So I have been having issues with my now Verizon (Was Alltel - wish it still was) TP not want to connect with Verizons towers. I spoke with my companies major account rep with Verizon and he told me to send him my phone number and they would push a hybrid PRL to my phone.
It has had 40052 on it. Or it did until I just looked and now it is 40053. Anybody know what 40053 is? Just an Alltel update or what. I didn't do a *228 to get it. It shouwed up on its own. Anyway, how can I copy this PRL off to save it? I will also copy the hybrid PRL and post it here when it gets pushed to my phone for others that need it as well. Or I would if I knew how to get it off the phone.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sipple31 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Alltel Verizon PRL

hmmm interesting... I haven't heard of the 40053 yet. You should talk with this guy: http://www.the-answerman.com/sidlist/prl/index.asp and see if you can help him out!
Old 08-27-2009, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'll give em a buzz. It had 40052 on it yesterday. Not sure how 40053 got there. I have looked a couple of times to make sure I was seeing things and it is 40053.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCruz View Post
I'll give em a buzz. It had 40052 on it yesterday. Not sure how 40053 got there. I have looked a couple of times to make sure I was seeing things and it is 40053.
yeah that's pretty sweet.... i'd like to try it!
He should be able to help you extract it.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well you can forget me ever trying to contact answerman again. I tried his contact page with with nothing but 3 simple sentences and got some crap reply back saying I was up to no good, trying to use scripts and HTML, and he is going to contact my ISP, etc..... Why is the answerman such a .......
Old 08-27-2009, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

It also said I that I have tried this twice since 2007. I have never heard of his site until last month. As you can tell, I'm a little PO'ed being accused something when all I did was write a simple note. Answermans automated system leaves nothing to be desired.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Lurker

ouellettesr is a n00b

I was on phone with ALLTEL reps today, about 6 different ones, and they assured me that 40052 was not the prl used for touch pros we should have 30044
Old 08-27-2009, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
40053 is being pushed to most alltel touch pro's recently. i don't know why you want to extract a copy of it cause if you change the prl and want to go back to 40053, all you have to do is dial *228 option 2. But if you want to extract it, the instructions are here http://natesubra.blogspot.com/2008/0...ul-prl_19.html
different phone but same procedure.

40053 is pretty new, but it shouldn't be long before a copy of it is on answerman's and corolada's website

Last edited by razorloves; 08-27-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Well you can forget me ever trying to contact answerman again. I tried his contact page with with nothing but 3 simple sentences and got some crap reply back saying I was up to no good, trying to use scripts and HTML, and he is going to contact my ISP, etc..... Why is the answerman such a .......
Quote:
It also said I that I have tried this twice since 2007. I have never heard of his site until last month. As you can tell, I'm a little PO'ed being accused something when all I did was write a simple note. Answermans automated system leaves nothing to be desired.
Hmmmm that is really odd? I wonder what that's all about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
40053 is being pushed to most alltel touch pro's recently. i don't know why you want to extract a copy of it cause if you change the prl and want to go back to 40053, all you have to do is dial *228 option 2. But if you want to extract it, the instructions are here http://natesubra.blogspot.com/2008/0...ul-prl_19.html
different phone but same procedure.

40053 is pretty new, but it shouldn't be long before a copy of it is on answerman's and corolada's website
I have never been able to *228 in my area. I am always roaming and it never works. I've always updated my PRL manually and would be interested in trying the newest. That's why I brought it up.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
I have never been able to *228 in my area. I am always roaming and it never works. I've always updated my PRL manually and would be interested in trying the newest. That's why I brought it up.
ummmm....ok...i was talking to tcruz. lol. geez

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro