PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 05:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(VZN)
Carrier: Verizon

russianmafioso is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dead Screen?!

Okay, so recently, i've been noticing a sort of rainbow-like discoloration on my screen that occurs on the very top of the screen. It cannot be seen looking directly onto the screen, but only from an angle. Initially it started in the center, but now it basically encompasses the whole screen. And if i run my thumb over it, it does change colors and move around and change patters. So... why do i have a dead screen you may ask? Because the screen is almost entirely and absolutely unresponsive to my touch. but if i try to manipulate it using the keyboard or buttons it works fine.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:17 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Dead Screen?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianmafioso View Post
Okay, so recently, i've been noticing a sort of rainbow-like discoloration on my screen that occurs on the very top of the screen. It cannot be seen looking directly onto the screen, but only from an angle. Initially it started in the center, but now it basically encompasses the whole screen. And if i run my thumb over it, it does change colors and move around and change patters. So... why do i have a dead screen you may ask? Because the screen is almost entirely and absolutely unresponsive to my touch. but if i try to manipulate it using the keyboard or buttons it works fine.
This is a common issue, my screen has this too, but its just starting, i had a previous TP that the whole screen turned into the rainbow looking screen and the screen went completly unresponsive. Your carrier will replace your phone for free, if you point out it is a defect and not moisture, theres a big thread about this somewhere.

I have verizon also, they tried to tell me i got moisture in my screen when it hadnt touched any water.

Last edited by bikeandestroyx; 08-28-2009 at 05:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

russianmafioso is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
This is a common issue, my screen has this too, but its just starting, i had a previous TP that the whole screen turned into the rainbow looking screen and the screen went completly unresponsive. Your carrier will replace your phone for free, if you point out it is a defect and not moisture, theres a big thread about this somewhere.
I tried searching for it.

Also, i did check for moisture and there appears to be none and both of the stickers on my phone check out fine. I just have to reflash it back to stock before i send it in.

Looks like im going to be calling VZN tomorrow.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:28 AM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
I tried searching for it.

Also, i did check for moisture and there appears to be none and both of the stickers on my phone check out fine. I just have to reflash it back to stock before i send it in.

Looks like im going to be calling VZN tomorrow.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49405
there you go just found it^

yeah its not moisture but the adhesive between the layers starting to wear off or warp.
Verizon is open 24/7 if you want to call them dial *611 from your phone and talk to customer service!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

russianmafioso is a n00b

Quote:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49405
there you go just found it^

yeah its not moisture but the adhesive between the layers starting to wear off or warp.
Verizon is open 24/7 if you want to call them dial *611 from your phone and talk to customer service!
Perfect, thats what i thought it was. The adhesive, thanks for confirming my suspicions, but unfortunately it also means that im screwed.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:42 AM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
Perfect, thats what i thought it was. The adhesive, thanks for confirming my suspicions, but unfortunately it also means that im screwed.
no problem man. Why are you screwed, verizon will replace your phone for free since its a manufacture's defect.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

russianmafioso is a n00b

Quote:
no problem man. Why are you screwed, verizon will replace your phone for free since its a manufacture's defect.
Because i have to deal with verizon.

FML. They say they don't have any more of them in stock?!

Last edited by russianmafioso; 08-28-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kayfouroh is keeping up the good workkayfouroh is keeping up the good work

Does Sprint recognize that this is a build issue and not a user issue?
Old 08-28-2009, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

russianmafioso is a n00b

I have no idea .

I know that verizon has never and will never admit to ****.

Also, if i were to get a new phone would that extend my contract?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro