PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo
Carrier: Sprint

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any program to TEXT MESSAGE? Need it. Will PAY!

I need a program where I can send out copious amounts of text messages. I want to text everyone on my phone list.

I think our phones can only text 10 people a time? Is this true? What if I had it text 100 numbers at once? Would it bounce? Would 100 people get it?

Or would I have to send it out in groups of 10 and then wait a few minutes then do another 10?
Old 08-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: Any program to TEXT MESSAGE? Need it. Will PAY!

How about using twiter?
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 08-26-2009, 03:20 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

powerSMS, SMSsender

ive never used one of em, so i honestly dont know if you can still send out more than 10... your just gonna have to try it, or wait for someone to chime in thats used one of em... sorry, but there 2 apps that do it... SMSsender is free i know that
Old 08-26-2009, 03:24 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

PowerSMS. Great lil program. You can create groups and send emails out that way

Backup/Restort Txt
Txt Stat utility
Text Reminders
Old 08-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo
Threadstarter

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
PowerSMS. Great lil program. You can create groups and send emails out that way

Backup/Restort Txt
Txt Stat utility
Text Reminders
So I can create 1 group with 100 users and message them all? And they all will receive it?
Old 08-26-2009, 04:11 PM
brushrop03

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren646 View Post
So I can create 1 group with 100 users and message them all? And they all will receive it?
Yes...i don't think it has a max number but i could be wrong...

I've created lists of up to about 20 people
Old 08-26-2009, 04:17 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

im wonder if the 10person limit is just associated with the stock messaging sys and aftermarket arcsoft sys'....

if it is, then yeah, id think you could send 500 hundred....

im guessing this app leaves no traces of the sent messages in the default threaded messaging sys?? if it does, it wont work for that amount of people, no way... i can explain, just dont wanna get ahead of myself, if it doesnt show up in the standard threaded afterwards
Old 08-26-2009, 04:19 PM
brushrop03

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
im wonder if the 10person limit is just associated with the stock messaging sys and aftermarket arcsoft sys'....

if it is, then yeah, id think you could send 500 hundred....

im guessing this app leaves no traces of the sent messages in the default threaded messaging sys?? if it does, it wont work for that amount of people, no way... i can explain, just dont wanna get ahead of myself, if it doesnt show up in the standard threaded afterwards
i believe it does....lemme annoy 20 people real quick
Old 08-26-2009, 04:27 PM
brushrop03

Well...my bad OP

It just keeps an organized list of your groups. So when u want to send an text it takes that group and adds them to the normal text msg.

i'm not sure how many people got my text. I sent 20

edit: Trying to figure out if anyone didn't get it

edit: Doesn't show up in sent folder. I'm in "classic" by the way

Last edited by brushrop03; 08-26-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:31 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

so it does default to the standard messaging application then???

yeah dont try to send 100 out at once then.... youll freeze you phone for sure, and have to soft rest atleast is my guess...

if i spam txt a 100page txt to your device, done, your phone will hate you surely, and possibly lock up even... i would think the same would happen in reverse... all those recipients are gonna try to show up at once in you threaded box...

all speculation, but id just make a few short lists, and do it like that...in intervals

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro