PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 04:35 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Sprint Upgrade

If you get a replacement phone, does the date you activate it become the new date for the start of your next upgrade?
Old 08-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!
Carrier: Sprint

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean
Re: Sprint Upgrade

I have had 3 replacement phones and my oringinal date of sign up is still my date.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

no, the only time that date changes is if you PURCHASE a new phone, at which time you renew your contract and get rebates off the price of the new phone. You can purchase a new phone at full price without having to change your upgrade/contract dates.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:31 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

as long as its the identical device, your good...

if you switch to another phone, then it restarts...

and in case anyone asks, NO, changing your plan doesnt affect you rebate status either
Old 08-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post

and in case anyone asks, NO, changing your plan doesnt affect you rebate status either
whaaaat? so my contract end in 2020 cuz i change phone almost every two weeks...

i just got to many phone...

but it that really true, cuz i been doing it since i sign up for sprint a year ago and just upgraded phone last week
Old 08-25-2009, 06:01 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafyrod View Post
whaaaat? so my contract end in 2020 cuz i change phone almost every two weeks...

i just got to many phone...

but it that really true, cuz i been doing it since i sign up for sprint a year ago and just upgraded phone last week
if your doing ESN swaps, from your TP to say a mogul/diamond/any device.....you will reset your eligibility for upgrades...

if your merely getting a replacement TP every cpl of weeks then your all good...

and 2020? come on man.... its never more than 2 yrs, because your contract if anything will be up at that time, and theyll give you the discounts to keep you
Old 08-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:

Quote:
if your doing ESN swaps, from your TP to say a mogul/diamond/any device.....you will reset your eligibility for upgrades...

if your merely getting a replacement TP every cpl of weeks then your all good...

and 2020? come on man.... its never more than 2 yrs, because your contract if anything will be up at that time, and theyll give you the discounts to keep you
You guys are wrong. Your eligibilty only resets when you purchase a new phone and sign the 2 year contract. i have 2 different phones and whenever sprint has to order me a new phone, i go home and activate my other phone until my tp comes in. I've done this numerous times and my upgrade hasn't changed nor is it suppose to. if you switch phones and your eligibilty changes just call customer care and they will fix it.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:21 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

...those were both me lol...i see what your saying, esn swapping for a few days is no big deal...i think it has to cross over a billing cycle to take effect though...

when i had a mogul, i replaced it once and put another phone on my account, they caught it come upgrade time, but i was like look its the same phone....

they just werent smart enough to go in the notes and see that it was 3 weeks that i had my old a940 activated for...

its not based on your plan, its not based on your contract..... its based on how long that device has been activated for... i think you just got lucky because it was only when waiting a short time for a replacement to come in the mail... mine took 3+ weeks, it was when sprint ran out of moguls for awhile.....that ultimately led to me getting my first TP for free...

**edit** here, obviously its not all but its n here.. Customers’ eligibility date is set at the time a device discount is given or a new device is activated. A Sprint Service Plan is your base monthly plan; it does not include monthly fees for add-on features and services. Savings will be provided through a mail-in rebate and/or instant savings and is only available on select Sprint phones with a current rebate offer. See stores for details on current Sprint phone rebates. Savings cannot exceed the total purchase price of the Sprint phone. Not redeemable for cash and not transferable. Customer must meet the promotional requirements

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-25-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtuma1980 is keeping up the good workdtuma1980 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dtuma1980 Send a message via MSN to dtuma1980

I went from a Vogue - to a Diamond and then to a Touch Pro - I just checked my account and it doesn't even show my new contract from when I purchased the Vogue in 2008 - Looks like I am currently eligible.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM

Ok guys.. stop it with the misleading information...

Say if I got 5 different phones: phone A (TP), phone B (Vogue), phone C (Apache), phone D (Mogul), and phone E (Diamond) and my contract end date is 10/10/2010.

Say I had the phone A onto my account for a very long time, and I wanted to try the other 4 phones that my friend gave to me for free.

7/23/09 at 8 AM: I ESN swapped to the phone B, contract end date is still 10/10/2010.
7/23/09 at 9 AM: Didn't like phone B too much, so I ESN swap it for phone C, contract end date is 10/10/2010.
7/23/09 at 1 PM: Kind of like phone C, but I want to try phone D, so I swap it out to that, contract end date is 10/10/2010.
7/29/09 at 5 PM: Wanted to try phone E, so here it goes onto my account/plan, contract end date is 10/10/2010
10/08/2010 at 1 PM: Activated the CDMA version of the iPhone that I brought off from eBay onto my plan, contract end date is yet to be 10/10/2010.

In short, your contract date can not be change just because you activated another, different handset. Your contract end date DOES change if you request it to be extended or used your upgrade.

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro