PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Cricket MMS and WAP working, 1 cab for 2 things (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81027)

alfredo-x 08-25-2009 03:05 PM

Cricket MMS and WAP working, 1 cab for 2 things

2 Attachment(s)
here is an excellent little cab i found over at the XDA forums. credit goes to ryanmogul for creating this cab, i don't think he ever posted over on these forums.

he actually created this for the PPC6800, but it also works on the Touch Pro, and i know because i use it on mine.

I used it when my MMS wouldn't work when i flashed to MightyROM6, i spent over a month looking for a solution and getting suggestions from people, but no one ever gave me a straightforward answer, and then i found this. which is awesome because it works with any room you use. i used it on mighty rom, now i've switched to EnergyROM warhawk (best ROM i've used so far) and it works there very good too, so enjoy!

so the cab basically sets up your Arcsoft MMS settings for cricket, and it also goes ahead and sets up your WAP settings. so this is much better than dcd's cab for cricket. enjoy.

NOTE:
since it changes the Arcsoft MMS settings, you FIRST need to run the Arcsoft Removal cab, THEN run the Cricket WAP & MMS settings cab.

once you have done that, just try to go to the internet first, it'll ask you for your username and password.
Username: your-10-digit-phone-number@mycricket.com
Password: cricket

and once you have done that, your internet should be working, and your MMS (picture msgs) too.

works on all ROMS, and WM6.0, 6.1, 6.5

hope this helped ya'll! :spin:

Sporkman 08-25-2009 03:15 PM

Re: Cricket MMS and WAP working, 1 cab for 2 things

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63

rstoyguy 08-25-2009 04:12 PM

Moved to the HTC Touch Pro forum.

alfredo-x 08-25-2009 10:22 PM

hmm ok i thought no one knew about this, because i had a lot of trouble a couple of months ago and NO ONE mentioned this..

boredandtattooed 08-25-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfredo-x (Post 1121985)
hmm ok i thought no one knew about this, because i had a lot of trouble a couple of months ago and NO ONE mentioned this..

lmao... you didnt click the link did you??? its just a link to the TP forum... good find, every now and again a cricket user pops up with a question you wouldve just answered...

do u have the link to the Original Thread on this at xda??? you should edit that into your first post as well

**edit** also go down and "edit tags", i can only do 2.. but cricket, mms, data, wap, cab all seem like good tags for this so people can find it later on

dtrush 08-26-2009 01:05 AM

I greatly appreciate it. I'll definitely give it a try next flash (if there's a next one) because Calkulin's 21054 rom is being just great for me right now.
I tried this dcd method last time and it's working just fine for me now. Took a few extra steps to complete but has been stable so far.
I was using the Cricket 2 cab for the longest time but it messed with the battery icon and I would stop receiving MMS after a week or so.

I have used RyanMogul's EPST settings for CricKet. I'll swear by them that they're the best settings you can use to get great phone call quality etc.!

915_tuscani 08-26-2009 09:47 PM

has anyone tired this yet

915_tuscani 08-26-2009 11:49 PM

i just tried this out and it really does work, tried it out on a Diamond flashed with Mighty rom and ran the remove pic. mail first then ran the other and bammm, lol

alfredo-x 08-27-2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1121999)
lmao... you didnt click the link did you??? its just a link to the TP forum... good find, every now and again a cricket user pops up with a question you wouldve just answered...

do u have the link to the Original Thread on this at xda??? you should edit that into your first post as well

**edit** also go down and "edit tags", i can only do 2.. but cricket, mms, data, wap, cab all seem like good tags for this so people can find it later on

hey yeah i should defenetly use the tags, but where can i do that, i never found the button to add tags or anything??

Quote:

Originally Posted by 915_tuscani (Post 1124123)
i just tried this out and it really does work, tried it out on a Diamond flashed with Mighty rom and ran the remove pic. mail first then ran the other and bammm, lol

great glad it helped. i'm pretty sure it should work on a lot of windows mobile devices, this doesn't seem to be hardware dependent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtrush (Post 1122243)
I greatly appreciate it. I'll definitely give it a try next flash (if there's a next one) because Calkulin's 21054 rom is being just great for me right now.
I tried this dcd method last time and it's working just fine for me now. Took a few extra steps to complete but has been stable so far.
I was using the Cricket 2 cab for the longest time but it messed with the battery icon and I would stop receiving MMS after a week or so.

I have used RyanMogul's EPST settings for CricKet. I'll swear by them that they're the best settings you can use to get great phone call quality etc.!

haha yeah i know man i'm still looking at how to fix my damn battery icon.

jpwhre 08-29-2009 04:17 PM

Does it really work on warhawk rom? I have Cricket WAP and Arcsoft 5.0.31.7 and does not work. I have all working on wifes diamond warhawked using remove pic cab, dcd carrier cab and altell arcsoft cab which doesn't require a battery fix. But that method does not work on the tp in all roms including tp warhawk, also the 5.0.31.7 doesn't work on the tp warhawk.

Here is ryans link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=492824

it's also a sticky on hofo cricket pda board here

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1507276