PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   how do i connect my touch pro to ps3 from laptop using windows vista (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80949)

nolo25 08-25-2009 11:21 AM

how do i connect my touch pro to ps3 from laptop using windows vista

Hey I was wondering how do I connect my tethered touch pro. (which it connects to my laptop no problem) from laptop to ps3. I've done it at my friends house using windows xp, but I have windows vista home basic and the same operation that I've done at my friends house isnt working. So i'm guessing it has to do with vista .

If anyone knows how to connect using windows vista it would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks In Advance

boredandtattooed 08-25-2009 12:30 PM

Re: how do i connect my touch pro to ps3 from laptop using windows vista

whyd u start whats now your 3rd thread on this....

you had one just a few hrs ago... just revive old threads sometimes...especially when their only a few hrs old...just some advice...

i see youve asked this 3 times since May.... this way did work for you?? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...37&postcount=4

southphillysean 08-25-2009 12:33 PM

depending how important it is too connect to ps3. just reformat your laptop and put WinXP on it. or you can run multiple OS's on your laptop. that way you can still have vista aswell as xp.

wesscoggin 08-25-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1120961)
well youd be the first person to do it then...

ps3 doesnt work with an adhoc network

I don't think he's talking about a wireless connection from Laptop-PS3....because that is not possible...Laptop-PS3 via lan cable, however is (with XP anyway I do it all the time.) Sorry I have no vista insight...

boredandtattooed 08-25-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wesscoggin (Post 1120984)
I don't think he's talking about a wireless connection from Laptop-PS3....because that is not possible...Laptop-PS3 via lan cable, however is (with XP anyway I do it all the time.) Sorry I have no vista insight...

seems like such a simple solution..... many MANY people have been told no way, thats why isaid it wasnt possible, a few people a week ask about it...

guess i need a ps3 to try it out myself.....now i have an excuse for a ps3 lol

wesscoggin 08-25-2009 12:53 PM

Do it. I convinced the better half that a PS3 was a logical purchase becasue it would compliment the big screen with it's bluray capabilities.....he he he...
I'll have to borrow someones vista machine to see if I can figure it out. It seems to work best with wmwifirouter providing internet service to the laptop and then going into >network settings> and right clicking on the wifi connection icon to get to the connection settings and clicking the "allow other computers to share this internet connection" otption on the advanced tab. When you connect your ps3 to your laptop it should utoimatically create a lan connection that you can also see in network connections.

nolo25 08-25-2009 01:43 PM

hey thanx wesscoggin, yeah thats what i done with my friends window xp and it worked but it doesnt work with windows vista. can you help cause you know what your talking about. you can send me a private msg if you like. thanx bro appreciate your insight.

wesscoggin 08-25-2009 03:48 PM

I don't have vista, but I'll see if I can borrow someone else's machine that does sometime this week.

ro.tandon 08-25-2009 04:07 PM

Have you tried to bridge the connections in your network settings. So you will first connect your laptop to the internet using your phone and connect a network cable to the PS3 from your laptop.Then go into your "Networks Connections" in vista and after selecting both the WLAN and LAN, right click and pick bridge. That should setup everything for you.

ruben86 08-25-2009 05:30 PM

PS3 has wifi. Just install WMWIFIROUTER in your touch pro to gain internet access to your PS3.