PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how do i connect my touch pro to ps3 from laptop using windows vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben86 View Post
PS3 has wifi. Just install WMWIFIROUTER in your touch pro to gain internet access to your PS3.
lol...
PS3 does NOT support ad hoc wireless networking.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben86 View Post
PS3 has wifi. Just install WMWIFIROUTER in your touch pro to gain internet access to your PS3.
Buy a Cradlepoint router MBR 1000 thats what I did to tether my TP to my PS 3.

Last edited by gutrrob; 08-25-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:58 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
Buy a Cradlepoint router MBR 1000 thats what I did to tether my TP to my PS 3.
right, see, WMWIFIRouter isnt connecting you... that router is...

there is NO direct way ONLY FROM your TP, to tether to PS3..flat out...

now this way with XP sounds interesting, and the OP can already do that... if he knew what he was doing then, im sure hes tried to duplicate exactly that on a vista machine...

this question has been asked a million times and everyone has always said no, well they all mustve had vista then... because it seems very possible on XP apparently...

i wish i knew someone with a PS3 for ya OP, i have a vista and a xp machine here i could try it all out for ya
Old 08-25-2009, 07:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

nolo25 is a n00b

t-h-a-n-x - wesscoggin, ro.tandon I did that already and nothing
Old 09-12-2009, 01:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Nolo,

Using vista is almost the same as using an xp machine to provide internet access to your ps3. I just got my new laptop last Friday and now have first hand knowledge that this at least works with a windows vista 64 bit machine.
Here is how I did it tonight:
1. Turn on wmwifirouter.
2. make sure it is providing internet access to your vista machine.
3. connect lan cable from ps3 to vista machine.
4. press start and select "connect to" on the right hand column of the start menu.
5. at the bottom of the window brought up by "connect to" click on "open network and sharing center"
6. on the left hand column of "open network and sharing center" click on "manage network connections".
7. In your "manage network connections" window you will see all your connection types that you have set up on your vista machine.
8. Right click on "wireless network connection" select "properties"
9. On the "properties" window select the "sharing" tab.
10. Check the box next to "allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection". Click "ok"

Your PS3 now has interntet service through your vista machine's lan cable provided by your Touch pro.

After my ps3 is done downloading and installing the latest update I will figure out and write a play by play on how to do this while teathering your vista machine with your touch pro using the usb cable method.

Edit, I am now teathering my laptop to the internet with a usb connection. It is the same process. In step 8 you right click on the "local area connection (whatever number is your touchpro, in my case it is 5)" and follow the same steps.

Last edited by wesscoggin; 09-12-2009 at 02:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Old 09-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero w/Touch Pro on the bench

MILH0U5E is keeping up the good workMILH0U5E is keeping up the good work

Weird... I was able to connect with my TP and laptop but running a LAN from my lap to my router... but I was unable to connect without including the router... will have to try it again.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I did use the "3G to usb" option in the latest wmwifi router for the usb teathering, it's the same as ics though.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 on MightyROM Official Release 2/10

devoe is a n00b

This worked perfectly! THANK YOU! God, we're such geeks, but who cares, I love it! LOL
Old 01-08-2010, 03:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

No prob Bob.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro