PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750
Touch Pro meets WATER!

So, after hours of tweaking last night (and not counting the countless hours ive spent prior to that trying things and getting the phone where i like it), ive got it running damn good. every application i want is on there, its fast, batt life is good, gps is fantastic (thanks gamin xt), its just the best i could ask for. I set the phone on the edge of my computer desk and plug it in to charge. Due to HOA constraints where i live, an a/c window unit cannot be used, so i had to mount it internally, venting externally, with the drain water dripping into a 5 gallon bucket that gets emptied daily (this is in the basement where my computer room is). fast forward to going to sleep last night. I get up to walk out of the room only to find that the charging cable for the phone is wrapped around my ankle, and when i start walking it jerks the cable, which jerks the phone and slings it off the desk, and directly into the bucket of water (which was about half full). After an hour of disassembly and cleaning/drying last night, the phone sitting all night in front of a fan disassembled, and several soft resets and unsticking of buttons, everything seems to work correctly. No slowdown, no malfunctioning buttons, no screen damage. Im simply in shock, ive never had a device like this that got wet that was even still functioning when i get it out of the water, much less able to shutdown (yes, i shut it down while it was wet using the standard hold the power button down method), and then function correctly the next morning.

Thanks HTC!

(yes i know this is a useless post, just found it simply amazing that it still works, and thought i would share what ive been doing the past 12 hours )
Old 08-25-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g

sbrown2680 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Touch Pro meets WATER!

anyone find the irony that this was posted by PYRO254750?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Shawng2020 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrown2680 View Post
Old 08-25-2009, 12:10 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Glad to hear you got it going.

The waste water out of those A/C units is pretty clean (I've even drank some before to prove a point to a co-worker) so you're actually quite lucky. If this was a toilet or a kitchen sink, you may not be in the same position or it could have taken a lot longer to get it working.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Glad to hear you got it going.

The waste water out of those A/C units is pretty clean (I've even drank some before to prove a point to a co-worker) so you're actually quite lucky. If this was a toilet or a kitchen sink, you may not be in the same position or it could have taken a lot longer to get it working.
thats what i was thinking. only thing i can figure that saved me is that the water from those things is pretty clean and doesnt seem to leave deposits when it dries as bad as tap water or something would. I am still having a slight issue. Occasionally the volume down button sticks on and turns the phone to vibrate and i have to push it a couple times to get it to quit. Im guessing there is probably still some moisture in the button thats causing it, so im gonna just let it be and see if it dries out over the next day or so. Im leaving it sitting in front of the fan for the time being to help with the drying.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrown2680 View Post
hadnt thought about that, lol
Old 08-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Take the battery out and let it sleep in some rice for a few days.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 08-25-2009, 12:39 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Rice works great or the silica packets you get in shoes, etc.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro