PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 08:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

sipple31 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Boo Alltel

Had my Touch Pro keyboard take a crap this weekend. Never dropped the phone or got it wet... just decided to stop working. Tried all of the measures (soft reset, hard reset, flash to stock) to no avail. Called Alltel, and they are out of stock and can't even ship it out until the 31st. Must be lots of warranty exchanges on these bad boys!!

Back to the crackberry for a couple weeks.

-Luke
Old 08-24-2009, 08:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work
Re: Boo Alltel

They were completely out of Alltel ones when my last one went out and sent me the Verizon one instead.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Smith View Post
They were completely out of Alltel ones when my last one went out and sent me the Verizon one instead.
Did they give you an option? That would p!$$ me off because the memory is inferior to the Alltel version...
Old 08-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

guess my little brother won't be getting a TPro when he gets his upgrade next week.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Alltel RIP

arbdef is just getting started

Don't tell me that. They just ordered me a new TP because mine couldn't hold a signal. If they try to give me a verizon phone there will be a fight.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Just called because they said it was going to ship on the 31st and it still hasn't arrived. The guy I spoke with said they're looking at the end of September now! That's a month off... no big deal. :-/ Hopefully TP2's will be coming our way soon.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if your local Alltel has be taken over by VZN then you will more than likely get a VZN phone and you really dont have a leg to stand on. you are no longer an Alltel customer so you would get a VZN TP. only other option would be to find an Alltel phone on here or on EBAY for sale and use that on your account.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

Wrong. That is NOT the only other option. I have NEVER, and will NEVER take a replacement that is inferior to my current device. That is unacceptable Verizon. Also, I don't know what the local store has to do with anything. You can always do it over the phone.
Phone history: Moto V265 (5), Moto V710 (4), Moto E815 (1), Moto Q (4), Treo 700wx (3), and XV6800 (5), Alltel Touch Pro (5), VZW Touch Pro 2 (2), HTC Incredible (3), HTC Thunderbolt (5), HTC Rezound (5), HTC DNA (4), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (3)
Old 09-07-2009, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
Did they give you an option? That would p!$$ me off because the memory is inferior to the Alltel version...
Yes they gave me an option and for the record my verizon touch pro runs flawlessly and I have no complaints.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spr0ckEt View Post
Wrong. That is NOT the only other option. I have NEVER, and will NEVER take a replacement that is inferior to my current device. That is unacceptable Verizon. Also, I don't know what the local store has to do with anything. You can always do it over the phone.
didnt say anything about the local store, im talking about your local alltel as in the coverage area. if that was taken over by VZN then they dont have to offer you anything other than there version of the TP. if you get VZN when you call customer support, there going to offer you a VZN TP, not an Alltell TP. what you deem unacceptable doesnt mean a thing to VZN. they bought out portions of Alltel so you belong to them, not Alltel.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro