PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G (Of course)
Carrier: Sprint

guitarman584 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What Manila, Titanium, etc...

Ok, I've tried searching the forums to see what these are but I can't find the explanations. So, what is Manila, Titanium, Rhodium, PagePool? If there is a site with this info i'd appreciate it. Since I highly doubt Sprint will release Windows 6.5 for the Touch Pro (I hope they do though), I'm seriously thinking about flashing a custom ROM but before I do, I'm trying to do as much research as possible. Any and all help is appreciated.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Block is becoming a great contributor
Re: What Manila, Titanium, etc...

Manila:

Titanium:

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G2 and HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Matchstick is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Matchstick Send a message via MSN to Matchstick Send a message via Yahoo to Matchstick Send a message via Skype™ to Matchstick

And Rhodium is the HTC codename for the Touch Pro 2. Rhodium Manila is TouchFlo3D 2.0 and 2.1.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G (Of course)
Threadstarter

guitarman584 is just getting started

Ahh ok. Nice to finally know what they are. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

I don't like titanium, I always get the Manilla versions of my ROMs
Old 08-23-2009, 04:29 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

flashing may read confusing, but its actually really simple once youve done it...

ill go the opposite of the above, im really liking titanium i think, it just takes alot of work to really get it how u want it...

manilla is really the file types that make up all versions of TF3D, not just the TF3D2.x+ versions... thats where the name Manilla comes from... with TF3D i think its alot easier for the average user or regular guy to modify... most people have all the stuff done for you if you just look for it... titanium takes alot more work to modify IMO, because you have to make panels and such...

in the end it may take you a few ROMS to decide what your really looking for... ive been on or around someone on this site for over 2 yrs total now, and i just flashed my first custom ROM a week ago... so your not alone in the new to flashing, ive just been around long enough i had read it all a million time and helped others, so by the time i took interest, i already had the know-how...

youll find lots of ROM versions... with/without/or only with titanium... with/without/or only with TF3D2... or some that have both... titanium only roms use alot less space than one with both or even one with just TF3D, so that may be something to evaluate as well
Old 08-23-2009, 04:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
flashing may read confusing, but its actually really simple once youve done it...

ill go the opposite of the above, im really liking titanium i think, it just takes alot of work to really get it how u want it...

manilla is really the file types that make up all versions of TF3D, not just the TF3D2.x+ versions... thats where the name Manilla comes from... with TF3D i think its alot easier for the average user or regular guy to modify... most people have all the stuff done for you if you just look for it... titanium takes alot more work to modify IMO, because you have to make panels and such...

in the end it may take you a few ROMS to decide what your really looking for... ive been on or around someone on this site for over 2 yrs total now, and i just flashed my first custom ROM a week ago... so your not alone in the new to flashing, ive just been around long enough i had read it all a million time and helped others, so by the time i took interest, i already had the know-how...

youll find lots of ROM versions... with/without/or only with titanium... with/without/or only with TF3D2... or some that have both... titanium only roms use alot less space than one with both or even one with just TF3D, so that may be something to evaluate as well
Are you saying Titanium uses less memory (which I'd imagine would help with performance and possibly battery like??)

What do you mean make your own tabs?? I only have 5 differen't tabs for TF3D. I have my home screen, messages screen, programs screen, settings screen and then my weather screen.

With titanium can you see a good deal of favorite programs when you goto programs?? Last time I looked at it, you could only see one entry of whatever type of tab you were one
Old 08-23-2009, 04:45 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

my current rom was only like 90mb.... i "think" 120-150 is a little more normal though.. even higher if its a bloated rom with literally everything and the kitchen sink in it

not tabs, panels, its a little differnt... you literally have to make your own panels(tabs if it help u stay on track) if you want something not offered in the stock panels... i think you can have 10 programs on the panel... they scroll left to right, showing the name and icon, you just tap to launch... you can also program different functions to different actions example: you can change what happens when u tap the name of app vs what happens if you tap the icon...this is good in the contacts panel also... you can always edit the right soft key on a panel for another seperate action or command as well...

i mightve just confused you, sorry if i did
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
my current rom was only like 90mb.... i "think" 120-150 is a little more normal though.. even higher if its a bloated rom with literally everything and the kitchen sink in it

not tabs, panels, its a little differnt... you literally have to make your own panels(tabs if it help u stay on track) if you want something not offered in the stock panels... i think you can have 10 programs on the panel... they scroll left to right, showing the name and icon, you just tap to launch... you can also program different functions to different actions example: you can change what happens when u tap the name of app vs what happens if you tap the icon...this is good in the contacts panel also... you can always edit the right soft key on a panel for another seperate action or command as well...

i mightve just confused you, sorry if i did
no I understand, though is this custimization functionality built into every Titanium rom or is there a Titanium customizer cab I'd have to get???

If Titanium truly is better than I want to jump on it
Old 08-23-2009, 05:06 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
no I understand, though is this custimization functionality built into every Titanium rom or is there a Titanium customizer cab I'd have to get???

If Titanium truly is better than I want to jump on it
well Better, is in the eye of the device holder, otherwise its all just opinion... im just trying to learn more about making my own things, so i knew titanium would give me alot to do...

Chome editor, dont look fast-its doesnt say "chrome" lol, thats the name of the editor you'd use to manipulate, add/delete, and create your own panels.. i believe v1.6 is the most current and commonly included in the newer ROMS... also saw one at XDA called titanizier 7.02 that looks kind of neat, graphically definitely more eye appealing, but i havent used it yet http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=501584 .... Chome, looks very basic and very WM5ish if you ask me, but certainly gets the job done, and i think its the orginal app developed for modifying Titanium

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-23-2009 at 05:10 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro