PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why do some ROMS not like to be flashed?

I have had this happen (as I know many others have) on numerous occasions when i am trying to flash a new ROM. Some of the ROM's load perfectly, while others after the RUU process just put the phone in a state of ...ill use the word comatose. Is this an issue with the phones themselves or what?

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 08-22-2009, 07:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Re: Why do some ROMS not like to be flashed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
I have had this happen (as I know many others have) on numerous occasions when i am trying to flash a new ROM. Some of the ROM's load perfectly, while others after the RUU process just put the phone in a state of ...ill use the word comatose. Is this an issue with the phones themselves or what?
no most of the time...it is with verizons tp members....since the verizon lowered the mem on their phone....most roms on this site are for sprint..etc...which can handle the memory usage of the rom.

some people download the page pool changer and lower the page pool to get some of the memory back so that the rom can load and still have enough memory for programs..etc.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Threadstarter

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

the more I keep reading about it...the more I actually want a non verizon TP. This honestly doesnt make sence why they would do that...but alas that like trying to learn astrophysics while in pre-k.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

alot of people were getting sprint tp and using them on a verizon network....just for the reason of the memory.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

From what I understand...the ram is there in the VZW phone it is just assigned to the radio instead of the program memory. Supposedly in anticipation of 4G radio at some point which is stupid because by the time VZW rolls out what they are calling 4G just about everyone will have a CDMA iPhone! LOL

Knowing you have a VZW phone you must take an extra step before flashing ANY rom...

Most people download, flash and go...
With VZW you must download, change the pagepool to between 6 or 12 (12 for light roms, 6 or 8 for loaded up) then flash the phone....

Remember to reprogram your phone (*228 1 and 2) and then install PPST2_01.cab then run windows/ppst to get your GPS unlocked.

that should pretty much let you flash any rom you want...
If you still have memory issues after that then it's time you sat down and decided exactly HOW MUCH you REALLY need to do with your phone...

I know a lot of people want to use it like it's a personal computer and load it up with gigs of software in rom but the truth is having more software doesn't always mean you get to do more....in some cases you can do LESS because there isn't enough ram to do anything with some loaded up roms.

VZW users need to manage their device usage a little more than others...
Get yourself a hefty SD Memory card and try a light or moderatly loaded ROM...
one with just the stuff that is really REQUIRED to be run from device memory like Wifi and today plugs....
Install everything else on the SD card....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro