PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not enough memory to launch programs

So yesterday I flashed SSK's rom and everything was running fine....however, when I tried to either send a picture or launch Youtube I kept getting an error saying the phonedidnt hane enough memory to launch programs...I did a soft reset and tried again but still got the same error. Today I switched roms and without installing anything on the rom from my storage card I keep getting the same error. Am I doing something wrong or is it the roms themselves that are taking up the memory?

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 08-22-2009, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Block is becoming a great contributor
Re: Not enough memory to launch programs

u might have too many programs starting up with ur phone check the windows/startup folder and delete all the unnecessary programs from there
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

As an owner of a Sprint Touch Pro, i feel really bad for the Verizon Touch Pro owners. Really sucks that they gimped the memory on that phone. I had a mogul, so i can understand the frusteration, but for an "upgraded" device like the Touch Pro to run out of memory is just plain ridiculous. Makes me mad.
dschoenike

Old 08-22-2009, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thats the only reason I sold my mogul, memory was a joke. I mean the mda was bad enuff lol.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
So yesterday I flashed SSK's rom and everything was running fine....however, when I tried to either send a picture or launch Youtube I kept getting an error saying the phonedidnt hane enough memory to launch programs...I did a soft reset and tried again but still got the same error. Today I switched roms and without installing anything on the rom from my storage card I keep getting the same error. Am I doing something wrong or is it the roms themselves that are taking up the memory?

Restart your phone, wait for everything to load, and then go to Start -> Settings -> System -> Device Information -> Hardware Tab.

Here you will see:

RAM size: 192MB (for a VZW phone)
OS Program Memory: (this number is a reserved amount of your 192MB taken up by the OS itself, including the page pool. Most ROMs are gonna be between 77 to 88MB here. You can only reclaim that memory by lowering the page pool or using a slimmer ROM.)
--Program Memory: (this value is the RAM size minus the static OS Program Memory. It indicates exactly how much free RAM you've got on your phone.)
---Used: (if all you've done is boot your phone and let it go idle, this number reflects exactly how much of your RAM is getting eaten up by crap that starts when your phone starts. Some of it is necessary, much of it is not. On DCD's barebones ROM, this value is around 47 MB, on Juicy8 it's about 73 MB.)
---Free: (as a VZW user, you need this value to be as high as possible.)

As a hypothetical scenario, lets say your values are like these:

RAM size: 192 MB
OS Program Memory: 87.75 MB
--Program Memory: 104.25 MB
---Used: 60.34 MB
---Free: 43.91 MB

This means you've only got 43.91 MB of RAM left on your device to mess around, launch programs, and do things before things start getting messy. Take a look on your device and examine these values. What do you show for Used: and Free: after a restart?

Last edited by Rourke Swift; 08-22-2009 at 03:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
Restart your phone, wait for everything to load, and then go to Start -> Settings -> System -> Device Information -> Hardware Tab.

Here you will see:

RAM size: 192MB (for a VZW phone)
OS Program Memory: (this number is a reserved amount of your 192MB taken up by the OS itself, including the page pool. Most ROMs are gonna be between 77 to 88MB here. You can only reclaim that memory by lowering the page pool or using a slimmer ROM.)
--Program Memory: (this value is the RAM size minus the static OS Program Memory. It indicates exactly how much free RAM you've got on your phone.)
---Used: (if all you've done is boot your phone and let it go idle, this number reflects exactly how much of your RAM is getting eaten up by crap that starts when your phone starts. Some of it is necessary, much of it is not. On DCD's barebones ROM, this value is around 47 MB, on Juicy8 it's about 73 MB.)
---Free: (as a VZW user, you need this value to be as high as possible.)

As a hypothetical scenario, lets say your values are like these:

RAM size: 192 MB
OS Program Memory: 87.75 MB
--Program Memory: 104.25 MB
---Used: 60.34 MB
---Free: 43.91 MB

This means you've only got 43.91 MB of RAM left on your device to mess around, launch programs, and do things before things start getting messy. Take a look on your device and examine these values. What do you show for Used: and Free: after a restart?

ill post this up after I get off work...busy day (aka job security )
Old 08-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ok here are my settings so far
Ram: 192
OS memory: 9.80
Used: 93.00
Free: 3.21

Now this is only after flashing a ROM with NO addons other then Diamond Tweak.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
ok here are my settings so far
Ram: 192
OS memory: 9.80
Used: 93.00
Free: 3.21

Now this is only after flashing a ROM with NO addons other then Diamond Tweak.
wow....you have almost nothing free...that is not good, no wonder you are having "out of memory" issues

you need a rom that is "not" loaded with alot of goodies...and "not" a large page pool.

this is one of the weakness of the verizons TP.....just not enough memory to play with.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 08-22-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
wow....you have almost nothing free...that is not good, no wonder you are having "out of memory" issues

you need a rom that is "not" loaded with alot of goodies...and "not" a large page pool.

this is one of the weakness of the verizons TP.....just not enough memory to play with.
I agree however, why would a rom with almost zero goodies on it tho still say that I dont have enough memory to even launch my photo album? ...weird indeed
Old 08-22-2009, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

do what I said and delete some startup programs

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro