PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Asurion Claims

Hello, I'm looking over my Asurion documentation and wanted to see if someone can clarify it. It says there is no deductible for "normal wear and tear". Would the fact I dropped it and now it will only vibrate when I push the phone and keyboard together be "normal wear and tear"? Also, it appears only the left headphone works unless I press the phone together. The phone was open when I dropped it, so I guess some connection got loosened.

I am going to bring it to a repair center tomorrow to see what they say. If they want me to pay to have it fixed, I guess my next option would be to file a claim with Asurion? I haven't done that before. Do they have to get the phone and inspect it before they decide if I have to pay a deductible?

Thanks for the info in advance.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:50 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: Asurion Claims

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
Hello, I'm looking over my Asurion documentation and wanted to see if someone can clarify it. It says there is no deductible for "normal wear and tear". Would the fact I dropped it and now it will only vibrate when I push the phone and keyboard together be "normal wear and tear"? Also, it appears only the left headphone works unless I press the phone together. The phone was open when I dropped it, so I guess some connection got loosened.

I am going to bring it to a repair center tomorrow to see what they say. If they want me to pay to have it fixed, I guess my next option would be to file a claim with Asurion? I haven't done that before. Do they have to get the phone and inspect it before they decide if I have to pay a deductible?

Thanks for the info in advance.
They may ask for an inspection. If that's the case and your drop made a noticeable impression the phone, you may have to pay the deductible.

I've only done replacements for stupid things I've done to the phone though.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
They may ask for an inspection. If that's the case and your drop made a noticeable impression the phone, you may have to pay the deductible.

I've only done replacements for stupid things I've done to the phone though.
OK. There is a crack on the chrome, but that was there before the drop. I know there have been issues with chrome, but not sure if my issue is considered a "known problem".

Thanks for the info. I'll see how it goes at the repair center store tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:53 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
OK. There is a crack on the chrome, but that was there before the drop. I know there have been issues with chrome, but not sure if my issue is considered a "known problem".

Thanks for the info. I'll see how it goes at the repair center store tomorrow.
See what they say about the crack. Someone the other day reported that they had it replaced in store because of the chrome cracking issue.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
See what they say about the crack. Someone the other day reported that they had it replaced in store because of the chrome cracking issue.
Thanks. Now time to put the stock rom back on and re-lock!
Old 08-21-2009, 07:36 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i just like 2 days ago, had them say a chip missing in my phone was "flaking chrome" we even laughed how it wasnt really flaking but a chunk was missing... but the chrome does show up as known issue for sure...

he hooked me up for no deduct anyways...i just got my replacement today
Old 08-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: sprint

Brandnu is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Brandnu Send a message via Yahoo to Brandnu

asurion does nt do any kind of inspection... sprint does of course since they are the service provider,tht is if u bring it in to a service center...and they will recommend tht u call asurion number with jus about any physical damage they see an would say thts the cause of ur malfunction which means ur liable cus they r cheap and asurion will have you pay the deductible and the return ur busted one after u hav received th new one whts $100 for a new unit tht cost 4x tht???? unless ur like me an only had to pay $50...in th future jus try nt to drop these devices...its a pain to see scuffs an scratches on them an it can cost u sum change u could hav kept in ur wallet. gud luck dude.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

if you have TEP, and your phone has been active for more than 30 days, give this a shot. They overnight you a replacement along with a return envelope. Its a very handy feature, which is very helpful when you dont have much time to pay visits to the store that may not resolve your issue

Last edited by Aleki; 08-22-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

As an update, I brought the phone into a repair store Saturday. Well, each time he tried to get the phone to vibrate, it would. So, nothing happened Saturday.

Yesterday I noticed the screen wouldn't come on when I pulled the stylus out and the soft reset button wouldn't work. So I bought it back today and the guy replaced the back housing. He said the magnets wear out??? Anyway, the phone is working again. Got it back unlocked and another ROM on it.

Thanks for all the replies.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro