PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 01:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
[SOLVED] Visual Kitchen Help - EXTs OEMs modules files oh my

I am new to the VK. I can make a bootable rom now but there are a few things that do not work as an EXT (phone does not boot). One of these is fingerkeyboard. When it is an OEM everything is fine. when I convert to EXT phone does not boot. When I recmod the modules to produce regular dll's from modules then put those into the files folder in the EXT, the phone boots but none of the files from the fingerkeyboard EXT are present in the windows folder. That EXT is never processed. It is enabled in the VK. Am I missing something obvious? I find it hard to believe that it is just an accepted fact that certain apps don't work as EXTs. I am trying to move forward and accept this VK thing...

Another package that exhibits the same behavior is phonecanvas...

Last edited by raidzero; 08-21-2009 at 02:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Re: Visual Kitchen Help - EXTs OEMs modules files oh my

The solution (workaround) to this MAY be recmod the modules into files BEFORE converting from OEM to EXT... building now but at least now I see the files in the buildlog whereas before I did not.

Last edited by raidzero; 08-21-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: Visual Kitchen Help - EXTs OEMs modules files oh my

Yeah that works. issue solved. maybe these ramblings can help others...
Old 08-21-2009, 02:38 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: [SOLVED] Visual Kitchen Help - EXTs OEMs modules files oh my

Glad I could help! haha!

You all are too smart...I don't get the whole cooking thing.

Throw me some Cisco firewalls and I'll give you Internet access!

Old 08-21-2009, 02:46 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

throw me an old linksys wireless router and dd-wrt and I'll help you regenerate your neighbor's wifi signal all over your house and then overclock the router to the point where you need to install a new heatsink and fan! lmao
anyway..
just dive in and try it... it's not that hard. just a bunch of folders and configuration files that go together in specific ways at different stages of the cooking process, but with the visual kitchen you don't need to know what goes on behind the scenes.

download a kitchen and pick it apart and break it over and over and fix it over and over. best way to learn.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:50 PM
The GrooGrux King

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
throw me an old linksys wireless router and dd-wrt and I'll help you regenerate your neighbor's wifi signal all over your house and then overclock the router to the point where you need to install a new heatsink and fan! lmao
anyway..
just dive in and try it... it's not that hard. just a bunch of folders and configuration files that go together in specific ways at different stages of the cooking process, but with the visual kitchen you don't need to know what goes on behind the scenes.

download a kitchen and pick it apart and break it over and over and fix it over and over. best way to learn.
LOL!

Yeah, I've gotten frustrated...maybe I'll dive back in when I get the TP2
Old 08-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Glad I could help! haha!

You all are too smart...I don't get the whole cooking thing.

Throw me some Cisco firewalls and I'll give you Internet access!
as in you could get thru them? fix my work pc so I can download and flash my phone here!!! jk
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 08-21-2009, 02:54 PM
The GrooGrux King

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
as in you could get thru them? fix my work pc so I can download and flash my phone here!!! jk
Now that would be hacking and it's illegal

Sounds like your IT dept has stuff locked down tight.

We're pretty loose around here, but I track EVERYTHING. You can't get away with crap here
Old 08-21-2009, 02:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Now that would be hacking and it's illegal

Sounds like your IT dept has stuff locked down tight.

We're pretty loose around here, but I track EVERYTHING. You can't get away with crap here

ditto... are we all network admins getting on ppcgeeks at work?? lol
Old 08-21-2009, 02:59 PM
The GrooGrux King

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
ditto... are we all network admins getting on ppcgeeks at work?? lol
Haha, I think so!

Listening to Stern, surfing the net...

My day is devoted to setting up my Chairman's new phone and she hasn't come into the office yet.

Tried to convince her to go with the Fuze, but she WANTED an iPhone...blah.

Hopefully I'll be returning it in a few weeks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro