PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

sparky1_2007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question regarding verizon data plan

Hey guys, i just ordered my first new phone in 3 years or so, and i should be getting it tomorrow.

im just curious, what will i have to do to get the data plan activated and such when i acctually go to activate the phone?

i just dont want to miss any bases and be paying an extra $30/month for something i cannot use.

thanks
Old 08-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

dougthug is a n00b
Re: Question regarding verizon data plan

With Verizon, when you have a phone like a Windows Mobile Smartphone or a Blackberry, you will automatically have the data plan. There's no way to get service from Verizon with one of these phones and not have data as well. Now, I could be wrong on that, but that's the way it was explained to me from a couple of different customer service people. Even if you get a phone on your own and don't want data, can't do it. Be careful that you are getting charged the personal rate for your data package ($30/month) and not the business rate ($45 i think). At first, they messed mine up and I was over paying for a few months.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

sparky1_2007 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougthug View Post
With Verizon, when you have a phone like a Windows Mobile Smartphone or a Blackberry, you will automatically have the data plan. There's no way to get service from Verizon with one of these phones and not have data as well. Now, I could be wrong on that, but that's the way it was explained to me from a couple of different customer service people. Even if you get a phone on your own and don't want data, can't do it. Be careful that you are getting charged the personal rate for your data package ($30/month) and not the business rate ($45 i think). At first, they messed mine up and I was over paying for a few months.
yea, im getting charged the personal rate, $30/month, acctually $25/month because my dad goes through his company to get a discount with verizon, but im paying the bill for it.

but my question was more specificially if i could use the 3g/evdo/w/e internet on the phone right out of the box after it's been activated? or is there some other procedure i have to do in order to get it working.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky1_2007 View Post
but my question was more specificially if i could use the 3g/evdo/w/e internet on the phone right out of the box after it's been activated? or is there some other procedure i have to do in order to get it working.
It will work out of the box, once you've done the *228 programming. Once the programming is done, the phone will soft reset. In my experience, after the soft reset, I only have 1X. Do a second soft reset and EVDO should work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro