PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 03:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: -DROID-
Carrier: verizon

ucpro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
memory runs out of verizon htc touch pro

when i boot it up, the memory will be at about 80%, and there arent any apps in the task manager for me to end or uninstall. what could be taking up 80% of my memory? i can't even run many apps without it shuting it down because it's out of memory

i'm using calkulin's rom
Old 08-19-2009, 03:47 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: memory runs out of verizon htc touch pro

Sumtin's def fubared.I would recommend you back up anything you want to save and do a hard reset. Should take care of it.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:50 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

memmaid - paid software

cleanRAM http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...-cleanram.html Awesome FREE software

different ROM
Old 08-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This may or may not be the exact reason, but Verizon crippled their Touch Pro.

The GSM (reference) and Sprint/ATT (Fuze) Touch Pros all have 288 MB of RAM. The Verizon version, on the other hand, only has 192 MB. This may also affect the Alltel version, not sure.

For your VZW TP to register as 80% of RAM full, it would need to have about 153.6 MB of stuff loaded at boot. That same load on a non-crippled TP would register as 53% or 54%.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...
Old 08-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucpro View Post
when i boot it up, the memory will be at about 80%, and there arent any apps in the task manager for me to end or uninstall. what could be taking up 80% of my memory? i can't even run many apps without it shuting it down because it's out of memory

i'm using calkulin's rom
You didn't change the pagepool of the rom before flashing caulkin's rom!
You need to run the pagepool changer point it to the caulkin nbh file and set it for 8 or 12

then Reflash it and you should have only 60% usage on startup
Old 08-20-2009, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ucpro is a n00b

sorry guys i haven't been on since i posted, and my email stinks lol.. i'm not sure what pagepool is, and even when i try a hard reset it doesn't do it. is the phone supposed to just cut off without any warning?

here's what I do:
i hold the volume down and center button, between the call and end buttons, and the only thing that happens is my volume bar just goes down and that's it.

i do have the cleanram and it'll take it down maybe 3%. i think the most i got out of it was 4mb.

i wish i didn't have the verizon but i really didn't have any choice, but that does tick me off that this same phone on another carrier would be around 50% instead of this 70-99% that i'm getting now
Old 08-20-2009, 02:08 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Even 50% still sounds high to me. Maybe that's just me though. Seems like it should be around 30%. Maybe I'm way off. I'm only going by what my Vogue boots at. It boots at 29%. Are you running 6.5 or 6.1? What is your setup like?Also, you can download memaid like boredandtattooed said and even though it is not free it has a free trial period and during the fre trial it is not crippled. Then with memaid you can see what processes are running and see how much ram each process is using.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ucpro is a n00b

i have caulkin's rom with wm 6.5 as is, i haven't changed anything since i installed the rom. i gotta find that memaid, so i can see all the processes that's running, not just the few
Old 08-20-2009, 09:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

it could be phone could be the stuff you have on there
also page pool too...it is a panoply of things...
Old 08-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucpro View Post
sorry guys i haven't been on since i posted, and my email stinks lol.. i'm not sure what pagepool is, and even when i try a hard reset it doesn't do it. is the phone supposed to just cut off without any warning?

here's what I do:
i hold the volume down and center button, between the call and end buttons, and the only thing that happens is my volume bar just goes down and that's it.

i do have the cleanram and it'll take it down maybe 3%. i think the most i got out of it was 4mb.

i wish i didn't have the verizon but i really didn't have any choice, but that does tick me off that this same phone on another carrier would be around 50% instead of this 70-99% that i'm getting now
Neither memaid or hard resetting is going to help you here...
The problem is the ROM you flashed is taking up all the ram in your unit becuase your pagepool is too high....

Here is the step by step solution:

1 - Go into the RUU folder of your calkulin rom installer and look for a program called pagepoolchanger.
2 - Run it and press select
3 - Browse to the RUU folder (if not there already) and select the RUU_Signed.nbh file.
4 - It will scan the file for the current pagepool setting, when it is done select the radio button next to the 12 and press change
5 - When it is done, close the PP changer, put phone into bootloader mode (power,vol down and reset) and reflash your ROM.
6 - Let it go through all of the customizations and reset itself...
7 - when the restart is done dial *228 1, The phone will reboot when finished programming
8 - when restart is done dial *228 2, Phone will reboot again...
9 - Other than syncing with your computer and re-installing software not included in the rom your done!

You should wind up somewhere in the 60's on rom usage unless you loaded the rom up with a ton of software. If that is the case you could try reducing the pagepool to 8 instead of 12. Or rethink exactly how much software you have packed into the rom...

I tend to keep what is included in the rom to a minimum and prefer to install most of the apps into my storage card instead of device. It leaves the memory free for programs. Only programs that actually require to be installed into the device memory is included in my roms. The rest is all installed to the storage card.

If this doen't help and you find you need to remove some software included in the rom then download Calkulin's kitchen and remove the packages you do not use. Remember to set the pagepool to 12 or less before flashing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro