PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TMOUS HD2
Carrier: Tmobile

ihateu is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Isnt there just regular headphones for the pro?

I havnt seen any regular headphones for this thing...im looking for some that are equal length,every headset i find 1 side is longer than the other. I just want htc headphones that are the same length on both sides. Ive used a 3.5 mm adapter its nice but it would be nicer if theres any headsets out there with a built in mic that are equal length.anybody seen em??
Old 08-17-2009, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Isnt there just regular headphones for the pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateu View Post
I havnt seen any regular headphones for this thing...im looking for some that are equal length,every headset i find 1 side is longer than the other. I just want htc headphones that are the same length on both sides. Ive used a 3.5 mm adapter its nice but it would be nicer if theres any headsets out there with a built in mic that are equal length.anybody seen em??
get one of these and than just use any set that you want. i love mine
http://www.smartphonejunkie.com/blog.php?b=87
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

They are long for a reason, so you can loop it around your neck.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:46 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Not sure if you're dead set on a wired headphone set, but can I recommend a set of bluetooth headphones? I've been using the same pair of Motorola HT820 since I had the HTC Apache (XV6700), and they still work incredibly well. Only problem is after 4 years of use, the removeable pads for the ears wore out, so I contacted Motorola (politely), and they sent me a brand new pair (for free). Anyways, check it out. Works great in the gym, house, etc...

P.S. my friend bought a set on ebay a few years back, and he got some cheap imitation HT820's. They are very noticeably different from my authentic Motorola headphones. Make sure you get the Motorola version.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:50 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

one side is longer so if the phone is in your right pocket(or in case on right side), you can still get the earbud in your left ear without a problem and vice versa... thats why their different lengths
Old 08-25-2009, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yeah i dont wanna wrap anything around my neck thats ridiculous...feel like u might hang urself
Old 08-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateu View Post
yeah i dont wanna wrap anything around my neck thats ridiculous...feel like u might hang urself
What? That makes no sense. Are you using them right? The way you use J-cords is by inserting the short end in your right ear, and looping the long end behind your neck - to the left ear. The cord is behind your neck, no possibility of strangling.

The advantage to this, is that when you need to take the headphones out, like to talk to someone, the headphones conveniently hang on your shoulders. With regular headphones, you'd have to find a place to put them, or lay them on. Also - while wearing a J-cord, you don't put extra strain on the earbuds based on the hanging cable. This prevents accidentally pulling them out.

I have both types of headphones and like both. But I definitely see the convenience of J-cords, once I figured out how to wear them.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yeah i see what u mean...hhaha i just wish u could use the motorols mini usb headphones!i would b satisfied'

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro