PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

mookiemoo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation trouble removing a program

i tried removing the andreas.faulk weather database 1.1 and somehow it did not work completely. now when i try to install the newer database, 1.2, it tells me that 1.1 did not completely remove. it can not install a newer database. any insight? it tells me it is write protected or something to that nature. should i look in a particular place to manually delete a file?
Old 08-31-2009, 11:15 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: trouble removing a program

use total commander and check windows on device, is it cooked in to rom or did you install it?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mookiemoo is a n00b

i will download total commander and run it. i installed the weather database on to my storage disk to run off of it. but can not seem to completely uninstall it. can not even install the newer database on to the device. runs in to a conflict with the older partially removed database.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try removing it with SKTools, that usually does the trick for programs that don't like to go away.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mookiemoo is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: trouble removing a program

Rourke Swift - that program worked great. thank you for that. thanks a million!
Old 09-01-2009, 02:25 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
Try removing it with SKTools, that usually does the trick for programs that don't like to go away.
showoff. lol tc wirks most of the time for me but i do have both. gladd you got it op.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro