PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Highest-capacity extended battery for TP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
here ya go, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79640 hope your not too late to save him some $$$
Sent a PM, thanks.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Here's another coupon code to save 10%: LEDDU1258463

Valid for 5 uses, expires in 60 days.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 08-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

russy is a n00b

Anybody know how much bigger the 3000mah is compared with the stock Sprint battery? I am using the belt case that came with the phone and its a tight fit with the stock battery.
Old 08-22-2009, 06:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by russy View Post
Anybody know how much bigger the 3000mah is compared with the stock Sprint battery? I am using the belt case that came with the phone and its a tight fit with the stock battery.
Here is a thread w/pics that got started long time ago when this extended battery came up.....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=3000+battery
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 08-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

russy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
Here is a thread w/pics that got started long time ago when this extended battery came up.....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=3000+battery
Wow that thing is huge!!
Old 08-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by russy View Post
Wow that thing is huge!!
Yeah it is, but the fact that it raises my TP's runtime from ~4.25 hours to ~9.51 hours (tested with constant streaming radio with screen off) makes its bulk worth it, in my opinion.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

sweetbearcub, your math is correct, so assuming this is the perfect world, that is the talktime you will recieve, but remember, its all about how much power the phone is drawing. What ive found is that it seems that the more juice the battery has, the more the phone is prone to draw, as if it knows there is extra power there and so it doesnt care to run optimally to save resources. On the 1340 Mah batt, ive managed to get my average power consumption down to 125 Mah over the course of a single battery drain, so the phone lasts over 9 hours on the stock battery. Depending on what im using it for however, ive seen drainage as high as 800 Mah, which would make it last less than 2 hours, which is why i posted my average. The key seems to be to drop the usage while the phone is in standby.

Just thought id share as in my experience, its just as beneficial to optimize power consumption as it is to increase power input.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro254750 View Post
sweetbearcub, your math is correct, so assuming this is the perfect world, that is the talktime you will recieve, but remember, its all about how much power the phone is drawing. What ive found is that it seems that the more juice the battery has, the more the phone is prone to draw, as if it knows there is extra power there and so it doesnt care to run optimally to save resources. On the 1340 Mah batt, ive managed to get my average power consumption down to 125 Mah over the course of a single battery drain, so the phone lasts over 9 hours on the stock battery. Depending on what im using it for however, ive seen drainage as high as 800 Mah, which would make it last less than 2 hours, which is why i posted my average. The key seems to be to drop the usage while the phone is in standby.

Just thought id share as in my experience, its just as beneficial to optimize power consumption as it is to increase power input.
800 mAH? I've never seen my Mogul or TP get that high... But then, I don't use Bluetooth, and I barely use the WiFi. (Maybe once every 3 months or so)

The most power-consuming activity my phone does regularly is running Internet Sharing while hooked to my PC via USB, with its screen off. It gets quite warm usually, but not enough to stop charging.

I'll be taking a trip soon, and I'll need the TP to have enough juice to surf the web, play MP3's, and make phone calls without dying - This huge battery plus the 2 stock ones I have should be enough, I hope.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

The 3000 is also terrible i think, and i have my screen turned off after 10 seconds, mail checking every 2 hours, usually no gps and it still lasts maybe all day if i only talk for an hour or two. But the other battery is so bad theres not much choice. But everyone makes fun of my phone and theyre right. I have a 2009 phone and a 1999 case
Old 08-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

I just got in the battery today, and even though I didn't charge it before powering on, (as directions say), it was still 66% charged OOTB, and I only used 1% of the battery when I came home at the end of the day, (515p is when I plugged it in to charge) it expanded the thickness of my TP to a total width of 27.1mm, but other then that, I'm happy with the product so far. It's appx. double the thickness of a stock TP, (at 18.05mm), but still only appx. 1/2 the thickness of the Motorola DynaTAC 8000x, (at 44.1mm).

The matte black finish of the replacement door cover does not match the glossy black that the phone comes in, but it's a nice tight fit and still easily fits in my front pants pocket. I actually prefer the added thickness because it makes it much easier to type on the phone, and also hold the phone like I'm used to holding a (conventional) wireless land line telephone. It makes the TP feel like I'm actually holding a functional piece of equipment instead of a very fragile, (and very expensive) toy. So far, so good. My only complaint with the product is that the back door doesn't look stock, it's obvious it's an aftermarket addition.

Last edited by k_semler; 08-27-2009 at 10:06 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro