PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Considering the Verizon HTC Touch Pro

@ the op, i don't think big red is coming out with the omniaII anytime soon(i read it somewhere, maybe it changed). but whatever you decide, good luck soldier.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
@ the op, i don't think big red is coming out with the omniaII anytime soon(i read it somewhere, maybe it changed). but whatever you decide, good luck soldier.
Really? I thought they announced it for August 28th? I heard that just this past week from a few places...
Old 08-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Wait for the TP2. Theres a lot of talk it will be out at the end of this month or first part of sept.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
I expected the phone to last and it just didn't. The keyboard died on me and there really wasn't much I could do but send it into HTC to have it repaired which takes weeks. While being at HTC, I wouldn't be able to use any other phone (I got the TP onto VZW through a loophole they've now closed. Really the only way to get it on now is to get your ESN added to the database and it's pretty hard at this point). If I activated another phone, I wouldn't be able to use the TP once it came back.
thats not true at all. getting the ESN added is not a loophole, its part of there CSA and if you point that out to them they will accept the ESN. it will take a couple of days but they will add it. been there done that. the problem with some are they call there expecting the phone to be activated right then and there and when the tech tells them they cant do it right that second most get uppity and give up. if you talk to the tech's like human beings you will have no problems getting a sprint or alltel phone hooked up to VZN. you could have easily swapped to another phone and still have been able to reactivate the TP once you got it back from HTC. i dont know who told you you wouldnt but they lied to you. once the ESN is added, its there. there not going to take it out of there system just because you took the phone off your account. i have a 6800 from alltel that i swap on to my account every once and a while. its been in there system for a year give or take and hasnt been active in quite some time now and i can still add it to my account.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

to the OP. i have the VZN TP running boreds rom(cooked through his kitchen) and really couldnt be happier. i dont have to soft rest durring the day and the battery last me all day. NOW thats not sending many text of calls but im in and out of a building that doesnt have service so its hunting for signal for a while before it goes into power save mode. usually at the end of the day i have between 25-50% left. my main usage is pandora and weather. i turn the phone off, put the phone on the charger at night then when i get up it gets turned on and gets put back on the car charger for the ride to work, about 20 min give or take. i did notice that if i leave it on while charging when i took it off the charger i was usually at 99-100% and when i take it off the charger after it was off all night it was usually less. YMMV. a custom rom will fix most of the issues with the crippled VZN TP.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

In my opinion your way to close to the release of next year's phone line to go and get a TP now....

Wait a month or two until you know which phones they will be coming out with before you make a choice and switch carriers....
Old 08-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

If I were you, I'd wait for a TP2. If you must have a cell phone until then, I dunno, maybe a tracfone will be good enough for the couple of weeks you have to wait?

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 08-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Really? I thought they announced it for August 28th? I heard that just this past week from a few places...
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...-not-included/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro