PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 07:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

uhohitzluke is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Losing Faith in Windows Mobile 6.xx

I've been using windows mobile for quite some time and has served me well but just recently, it has really gotten on my nerves. Windows Mobile just isn't where it should be after so many years of neglected upgrades. My HTC touch pro is cool but im just finding it very sluggish for regular day to day use even with Energy ROM. (im not bashing his work because we all know he makes very good roms) Even a generic task such as opening the SMS program takes a while whether it be the touchflo3d program or the regular windows mobile one.

I'm really looking for an upgrade with a significant speed advantage and just daily usability. Heck, even the new slide to answer/rhodium dial pad lags on my TP... I'm really looking foward to the TP2 with its awesome screen and 3.5 mm jack but im afraid its just gonna be a dressed up TP...

I'm really happy to hear about the HTC Hero possibly coming to sprint as I have played with the Hero port on the vogue for a couple of days and got my hands on the tmobile Mytouch 3g for a while. I might jump ship and go to android for my mobile computing needs.

Please don't consider me a traitor or anything but I'm sure we all feel the same way deep(maybe super deep for some of us) inside to some extent? I guess windows 6.xx would be a little more tolerable if we had some tegra/snapdragon chips?

I will always be a windows mobile guy at heart and I'm really interested in Windows Phone 7 and I will for sure come back if i ever do leave.

Had an iphone before but it just wasnt for me... It was too simple for me except the browser was nice..

What should i Do?

A) Buy the TP2 to end my bickering? (im just not sure if it will satisfy my needs because it is so similar in terms of specs to the TP) Then Get a Windows 7 Phone

B) Hope the HTC Hero comes to sprint and buy it around October 11th? ( heard the GSM version was a little sluggish but im pretty sure by the time it hits sprint, that will be fixed/optimized. If it doesnt, i think i can live becuz android is just a little more consumer friendly than windows mobile) Then Get a Windows 7 Phone

C) Keep the TP until Windows 7 Phone comes out?

D) Keep the TP until a Windows 6.xx phones with tegra/snapdragon comes out?

I don't know what to do? I'm so confused as to what to get and i dont know why its bugging me so much lol. I'm just very particular about the phones that i own and used.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:30 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: Losing Faith in Windows Mobile 6.xx

well, i'm probably going to get a tp2, but i don't think its going to have any fix for the annoying windows annoyances that plague our devices. it just comes with the territory i guess. thats the price we pay for software compatibility. an android port for the tp would be nice though.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:21 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i dont get the hype on andorid.... step for step/task for task my TP out performs my buddys G1 everytime...as for android ports, thought we had it... you can simulate its appearance though for sure with point ui 2 and wad2 very easily-theres lots of android themes...i may or may not get a TP2...i have 3 TPs, so i may sell one and use that toward a TP2 juust to have one to play with... but as stated above by another, i dont know that the upgrade will make much of a difference...
Old 08-16-2009, 09:34 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

The TP2 is suppose to be noticeably faster than the TP according to Mighty. And better battery it seems
Old 08-16-2009, 10:09 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
The TP2 is suppose to be noticeably faster than the TP according to Mighty. And better battery it seems
both would be nice... i thought everyone was compaining about an older processor, glad to see speeds still improved... the battery is only a little bigger as the original TP so itsnice to hear its better on battey life, even if its just a little bit

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-16-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i dont get the hype on andorid.... step for step/task for task my TP out performs my buddys G1 everytime...as for android ports, thought we had it... you can simulate its appearance though for sure with point ui 2 and wad2 very easily-theres lots of android themes...i may or may not get a TP2...i have 3 TPs, so i may sell one and use that toward a TP2 juust to have one to play with... but as stated above by another, i dont know that the upgrade will make much of a difference...
Well the fact you can pretty much run any Linux application on it is one source of all the hype...
Old 08-16-2009, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

uhohitzluke is a n00b

does the new TP2 perform better than the TP? I dont understand how that works when the hardware is ALMOST the exact same..
Old 08-16-2009, 06:19 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

the hype about android is that it has software support, AND its not windows. i don't want to make my phone look like android, i want to actually run android. there's a big difference there.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

hpdrifter is a n00b

I feel your pain. A few weeks ago I posted a Thread asking if it was HTC or WMxx that sucked? I 've had a Q with WM on it and a 6800 and now the TP. Even with a cooked ROM this phone doesn't work the way it should. I constantly try and use one app/service and end up opening 5 others and then spending 5 minutes to close everything and just get the dam phone to work. Meanwhile my wife on her Curve posts endless away direcly to facebook, browses the net without trouble and never has to do a soft reset. (a Daily occurance for me! ) I still can't send a MMS text yet and the next time I put my phone in my pocket (locked of course) and it doesn't butt dial 2-3 people, change all my settings, screw up my contacts, ect, ect....will BE THE FIRST! UGH! I am so sick of this crap! I just want a phone that plain works!
Old 08-16-2009, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: The Trilogy

cooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcooltech59 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to cooltech59

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhohitzluke View Post
I've been using windows mobile for quite some time and has served me well but just recently, it has really gotten on my nerves. Windows Mobile just isn't where it should be after so many years of neglected upgrades. My HTC touch pro is cool but im just finding it very sluggish for regular day to day use even with Energy ROM. (im not bashing his work because we all know he makes very good roms) Even a generic task such as opening the SMS program takes a while whether it be the touchflo3d program or the regular windows mobile one.

I'm really looking for an upgrade with a significant speed advantage and just daily usability. Heck, even the new slide to answer/rhodium dial pad lags on my TP... I'm really looking foward to the TP2 with its awesome screen and 3.5 mm jack but im afraid its just gonna be a dressed up TP...

I'm really happy to hear about the HTC Hero possibly coming to sprint as I have played with the Hero port on the vogue for a couple of days and got my hands on the tmobile Mytouch 3g for a while. I might jump ship and go to android for my mobile computing needs.

Please don't consider me a traitor or anything but I'm sure we all feel the same way deep(maybe super deep for some of us) inside to some extent? I guess windows 6.xx would be a little more tolerable if we had some tegra/snapdragon chips?

I will always be a windows mobile guy at heart and I'm really interested in Windows Phone 7 and I will for sure come back if i ever do leave.

Had an iphone before but it just wasnt for me... It was too simple for me except the browser was nice..

What should i Do?

A) Buy the TP2 to end my bickering? (im just not sure if it will satisfy my needs because it is so similar in terms of specs to the TP) Then Get a Windows 7 Phone

B) Hope the HTC Hero comes to sprint and buy it around October 11th? ( heard the GSM version was a little sluggish but im pretty sure by the time it hits sprint, that will be fixed/optimized. If it doesnt, i think i can live becuz android is just a little more consumer friendly than windows mobile) Then Get a Windows 7 Phone

C) Keep the TP until Windows 7 Phone comes out?

D) Keep the TP until a Windows 6.xx phones with tegra/snapdragon comes out?

I don't know what to do? I'm so confused as to what to get and i dont know why its bugging me so much lol. I'm just very particular about the phones that i own and used.

Don't feel like a traitor, I did the same thing. Now my wife and I are using the new Blackberry 9630 series World phone. It is CDMA but it also will work on a GSM network. Tell ya these phones do do alot, just have to get used to not having a touch screen so I am selling my Touch Pro and my wife's Mogul and all the accessories.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro